Looked like a jeep convention at the local Wal-Mart

kd5uwg

I went to the local Wal-Mart today. If ya wanna call it local its 50 miles away. Parked my Jeep in the middle of no were and went in to pick up some things for the Jeep. When I came out there was 8 Jeeps parked around mine. Wish I would have had a camera was interesting to see that many Jeeps in one area. I know this aint nothing major but it was neat to see all the Jeeps parked together.

Calvin
82 CJ-7
4.2L
31X 10.5

if i did that with my jeep, i'd come out to a body and frame on cinder blocks!

It woulda been real neat if you had your cj, somebody else had a yj, another a tj, another a wagon, etc. . . :D But that is pretty interesting.

So good to see so many newer names. Now that I am on the raid so much I do not get on here so often so the additional family sort of pops out at me. Hope to get to know all of you maybe even in a wal mart parking lot! heheeh tug

RE: Stroking a 4.0

I am always attracted to the empty spots next to Jeeps - park there all the time. Maybe it's because "It's a Jeep thing" and I believe they understand.........safety in numbers and all that.

What Kind of Jeep Do You Own?

I'll bet 90% of all Jeeps I meet on the road wave to me, and I wave at all of them I meet.....interesting sense of community among Jeep owners!!

For some reason, I don't get that many "Jeep Waves" around here. And I always thought Texans were supposed to be the friendly folk. I bet if I went a little farther north I could get a few.

Jeep story happened today:

got caught in a freak hail storm on my way to school and I pulled off the highway to find some cover because I couldnt see a thing .. found an old one pump gas station / car lot type deal to hide under, but there were already two cars there, a guy and his wife apparently and they had all the parking... I pull up and see that its full so I stop.. is see the guy had a cherokee and the woman was in a truck carrying a 4 wheeler.. the guy motions for me to pull up .. I get closer and I can see that he is telling his poor wife to move the truck so I can have her spot...It was so sweet but I wave at him and get him to stop, backout and get back on the road .. what kind of person would I be.. that was a real act of kindness so I couldnt let his 4 wheeler get dinged up or his pretty wife either (in that order) ... She looked REAL expensive...
way more than my old soft top would cost...

about the wave comments above -
it is bad that I do not wave to cherokee or liberty drivers ? only to wranglers...I have never seen a cherokee guy wave back, and the ol' liberty seems more like a MINIVAN anyway...
also.. lady jeepers never wave either.. do they not know about the wave? I see that most of them are rolling on stock so I guess they havent figured it out yet, they probably just think that I am some pervert waving at them cause they may be pretty

I usually don't wave at non SWB Jeeps either. Most of them don't know or care about the wave. There are a million of them on the road around here, you'd develope severe depression having 500 other drivers look at you funny every day and ignore your wave :lol:
It would be easy to give up on the Jeep wave around here. We are right on the beach, so Jeeps are really popular......just not with the crowd that would be into the whole wave thing.

CJ--Almost always get a wave
YJ--Usually get a wave from the more modified ones/ 90% of the stock or near stock ones don't wave
TJ--Maybe 5% wave. I had a dude in a TJ sitting on 33s and all decked out in the normal trail bling look at me like I was retarded when I shot him a wave the other day. It looked like he was wondering "do I know him?" Most of the waves I get from TJs have women driving.

It's just the SWB's that I get the wave from. Occasionally, there's a lifted Cherokee or Wagoneer that waves, too. Jeep chicks wave, they wave a lot around here, even if they're stock or not.

RE: Boxers or Briefs?

my club has coffee runs every saturday morning and we jsut hang out in a parking lot near home depot. last saturday there were 28 jeeps there

This TJ always trys to wave.....but like stated most of the stockers don't wave. I used to get other Jeeps parking next to me before I lifted almost 8"...now they park at the other side of the lot...haven't figured this one out yet.........

RE: scout 64 axles

I always get a wave, even when I'm outside working on it they'll pull in and ask if they can help. I get a wave from women jeepers reguardless. . . maybe it's just me, I wreak Jeep Pharomones :D! I sometimes wave when I drive the SunFire and then I get the "Jeez, what a weirdo?", "Do I know him?", "Who was that?", or sometimes the "Oh hey, I haven't seen you in a while?" kinda look when they don't know about the wave.

RE: Clutch Rattling

Junkpile: Where are you at in Eastern North Carolina. I am in J-ville. What a lovely town. People here don't wave much. The ones that do are usually confused and almost run off the road.

RE: What do you do for a living?

its just a automatic thing to wave to other jeep owners. my cj is black with silver flames so it stands out pretty well so when other jeepers pass me it really catches their eye. there is a few lifted cherokees and even 2 lifted grand cherokees in the area that i wave to. whatever kind of jeep you drive, if your trying to make it better, cooler, meaner you deserve a wave.

RE: Oh, happy day!!!

Well since the departure of my old YJ, I have experienced "wheelbase discrimination" in my XJ. when I had my YJ, I waved to all SWB jeeps and all lifted and/or modded Jeeps of any other model. All non-SWB stock Jeeps fell into the "Hand on top of wheel ready to flash the quick wave" for those who initiated it. I was tired of waving only to get a turned nose or blind eye in return.

I highly recommend that protocol for all Jeepers, that is unless you just wave to all jeeps no matter what (which is best).

Corrupt - that coffee run sounds cool, I might suggest that to my local club!

RE: Re: RE: Dana 60 REAR axle

Ya know, it was kidna funny. Today, I drove into the neighboring city of Corpus Christi and got behind this XJ which was going kidna slow. I didn't really mind, because my CJ needed a break anyway. 3000 RPM for that long can't be super good for my 258. After about 10 minutes, there was a TJ on my left and another on my right. Then a YJ came up behind me! It was kinda cool. Everyone got the wave but then they all started racing eachother, so I Jeep waved goodbye and pulled out of the little group and they all sped away. I thought that was pretty neat.

RE: Jeep in the new movie Sahara

Junkpile: Where are you at in Eastern North Carolina. I am in J-ville. What a lovely town.

I'm about 45 minutes away in Wilmington.
Jacksonville........a lovely town?!? What did they do, blow the whole place up and start over? :lol: J/K! J-ville offers something for everyone.....as long as everyone is wanting to get in a fight, or get drunk, or laid, or do some racing. I've got some good memories that take place in Jacksonville.

there was a TJ on my left and another on my right. Then a YJ came up behind me! It was kinda cool. Everyone got the wave but then they all started racing eachother, so I Jeep waved goodbye

You should have jumped on them right off the line and then let off of it real quick. They wouldn't have started reeling you in until well into second gear.

will this transmission work ?

Quote:
there was a TJ on my left and another on my right. Then a YJ came up behind me! It was kinda cool. Everyone got the wave but then they all started racing eachother, so I Jeep waved goodbye

You should have jumped on them right off the line and then let off of it real quick. They wouldn't have started reeling you in until well into second gear.

Ya, I coulda just opened up with the NO2 too, but I didn't wanna show them up too bad. :lol:

Back