Looked like a jeep convention at the local Wal-Mart

Sparky-Watts said:
It's just the SWB's that I get the wave from. Occasionally, there's a lifted Cherokee or Wagoneer that waves, too. Jeep chicks wave, they wave a lot around here, even if they're stock or not.

When I had my Jeep, even the lifted/modded Long Wheel base Jeeps around here would barely ever wave back to me. And they would never initiate the wave.

I would wave to every swb Jeep though. No matter if they were stock, modded, or whatever. I would get some wierd looks sometimes though, including two times when the other Jeep driver would flip me off....and one of the times the guy actually turned around and chased after me.

Jeeps girls would always wave too. There was this one (hot) girl that would always wave back and have this huge smile on her face. I would see her almost everyday going in the opposite direction. One day we were both at the same gas station and she asked me why I would always wave to her. I explained the whole Jeep Wave thing and she had no idea what I was talking about.....which made it all a little akward :oops: :oops:

I would get some wierd looks sometimes though, including two times when the other Jeep driver would flip me off....and one of the times the guy actually turned around and chased after me.

Golly, sounds like people up there are pretty uptight. In Texas, at least in northern texas (where I USED to live) the whole wave thing isn't limited to Jeeps. Texans just wave at eachother for no reason.

RE: Re: RE: Dana 60 REAR axle

Oh, those where 2 rare occasions....people here aren't that bad at all. I just don't think they realized I was giviing them a Friendly wave.

When I'm driving around in my Chevy truck, I still wave to Jeeps and they wave back most of the times. Other Chevy's wave too, which is pretty cool.

RE: will this transmission work ?

SenorCole86 said:
I would get some wierd looks sometimes though, including two times when the other Jeep driver would flip me off....and one of the times the guy actually turned around and chased after me.

Golly, sounds like people up there are pretty uptight. In Texas, at least in northern texas (where I USED to live) the whole wave thing isn't limited to Jeeps. Texans just wave at eachother for no reason.

Same thing here in the mountains - I call it the "mountain wave". You pass anyone on our little 2-tracks, you give 'em a little wave and they usually wave back.....................if they don't, they're probably Floridians :twisted:

out here in Vegas there are a LOT of jeeps runnin around... most will return the wave, but I've found that there are "enthusiasts" and "commuters" - the commuters arent into the "Jeep Thing" but just bought a car thats 4WD.... or maybe just uninitiated... I always flash a wave and I used to get a little cheesed when i didnt get a wave in return but just chalk it up to the commuter thing and let it go.....

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: jeep story

The guy that's training me at work has been driving his inlaw's YJ now for about 2 months, and today we were talking Jeep stuff. He mentioned "all the strange waves" he gets from other SWB Jeeps!!! So, I told him about the "Jeep Wave" and he understood then....said he'd be trying it out on the way home!

ticking noise

In NH people always wave, girls, guys, stock, mod'ed, everyone. I havnt had one person not wave to me since I got my tj in December last year.

Back