Turbo 2.5L Wrangler?

Could you share with this pfd ? Please
To be honest, that PDF is pretty much worthless; you'll get MUCH more useful information by going to ww.4bangerjp.com and asking the people that have done this how they did it and reading their build threads. Much more explicative than the 2 page PDF. Plus, you will not be limited to turbo, but also SC and naturally aspirated builds...

hey this may have been brought up earlyer but could you send me the link to the PDF file? I've been looking to turbo the 2.5 in my comanche and this looks like the prefect setup.

My advice; forget about the PDF and go to www.4bangerjp.com and check the turbo builds there. The PDF is basically no good and is missing A LOT of information.

i play around with a lot of turbos i had a 2004 subaru wrx sti but thanks to some idiot in june that decided to pull out right in front of me it is smashed. but i have also built a few turbo engines in the past year and was thinking about building my own kit. yes turbos do lag but a t2 or small t3 turbo will produce great low end power. i built my sti myself and was maxing out the turbo around 400hp and it was a monster i could drift my sti no problem. most turbo kits are very expensive though and theres a company that makes them for wranglers but there like $5k+. im looking into getting another sti or possibly an evo but if your gonna play around with turbos id do a ton research cause ive built engines for guys that didnt wanna listen to me and bought cheap turbos and parts and watched them gernade there motors. but i dont see a problem with a small turbo on a 2.5l it can handle more then you think and as for my turbo knowledge its way to much to type and for many you wont understand a thing im talking about.

i play around with a lot of turbos i had a 2004 subaru wrx sti but thanks to some idiot in june that decided to pull out right in front of me it is smashed. but i have also built a few turbo engines in the past year and was thinking about building my own kit. yes turbos do lag but a t2 or small t3 turbo will produce great low end power. i built my sti myself and was maxing out the turbo around 400hp and it was a monster i could drift my sti no problem. most turbo kits are very expensive though and theres a company that makes them for wranglers but there like $5k+. im looking into getting another sti or possibly an evo but if your gonna play around with turbos id do a ton research cause ive built engines for guys that didnt wanna listen to me and bought cheap turbos and parts and watched them gernade there motors. but i dont see a problem with a small turbo on a 2.5l it can handle more then you think and as for my turbo knowledge its way to much to type and for many you wont understand a thing im talking about.

What you are saying is pretty much in line with what I know; wranglers typically runn a max of 8 PSI of boost, and ussually use T3's. And you want them to spool up early, so you get SOME boost by 2K RPS's (of course, you dont want to choke the engine at 5K, but realistically, a Jeep spends very little time way up there in the RPM range). The biggest issue, especially for TJ's is the fuel management (YJ's have a return line, which simplifies fuel management, but you still need a piggyback computer and some other do-dads).

yeah a universal aem piggy back would work, but if you have no idea how to program it you better be ready to open your wallet. i built a turbo scion tc running a 35r at 28 psi and a built brian crower stoker motor and we got it tuned good enough to drive to our buddies shop where he has a dyno and everything we needed to tune and he chrges around $1,000 to fully tune a piggy back with 2 pulls on the dyno. thank god hes a good friend.

From a guy who has done many turbo kits on small l4's, choice of turbo will decide how bad the lag will be. As far as grade of fuel goes, I had a d15 honda with 250000 miles on it running 12lbs on AMPM (arco) fuel. no intercooler and NO internal mods.
Another thing that you guys haven't mentioned is the fact that your torque will increase more significantly than you think. I have been considering doing this mod for a while to my 95', have yet to make up my mind. the actual wear on the motor is not a worry since you are essentially pushing the air in and the motor doesn't have to work to breath(unlike a supercharger) You keep your boost low enough and tune it right, this includes turbo size, you'll have gains to low and high end power, actual engine life, and fuel efficiency.
Oh, that honda motor finally blew with 18lbs and a 150 shot. third squirt was a charm on that one.

Hola muy buenas tardes, estoy interesado en el pdf que mencionan ya que tengo un Jeep 94 yj, y me gustaría integrarle un turbo, les agradecería muchísimo si me lo facilitaran

hopefully your still active, but can you please send me the PDF document? i'm really looking for a turbo for my 1994 YJ.

Back