TJ Door Handle

ecirpleinad

Ugh. Went out to Jeep yesterday, unlocked, pulled on driver's side door handle- it went *pop* and the handle moved out. Door refused to open- handle swings freely except that it won't move all the way back into the door. How do I fix this? And what's wrong? Any help would be MUCH appreciated, as getting in through the passenger side gets old quite quickly.

I'm left with the sinking feeling that I should've fixed up an old CJ instead of buying the Wrangler- Not impressed with the way Dodge makes a truck so far.[addsig]

may not be the same thing, but ive been having some trouble w/ my yj door as well. The handle will pull, but the door wont open. sometimes if i turn the key and hold it there, itll open, but its kinda touch and go. I reaplaced the handle a few weeks ago, and i didn't hook the lock back up right. I put it in so the "unlock" position is too far along the little shaft thing. (in the door there are two rods, one runs from the inside handle and the other to the lock button, both to the majic thing that opens the door) the point along the rods where they attach to the magic device effect the amount of pull requitred to open the door, and the amount of movement requited to lock/unlock. Today is my jeep garage day, and on my list of tasks is to take apart the door (again! ud think they'd make it easer to change the handles).

anyway, dont know know if any of this is any help to you, but good luck[addsig]

Back