check eng. light

B.Jones

I just had a fuel pump put on and then a day later my check engine light came on. I tried to get the code by doing the key-off-on but it won't give me a code. My jeep is now sputtering real bad when I can get it to crank. And if I manage to get it into drive it sputters there also. What can I do?

Key off, push and hold the trip reset button.
Turn key to run (not start) and back to off again.
Release trip reset button.

Trouble code should display in the odometer window. If the gauges run through a test run and the odometer cycles through all numbers like 999999, you released the trip reset button too early.

From Google searches:

"24 Throttle position sensor input above or below acceptable voltage. TPS signal does not correlate to MAP sensor."

"24** Throttle position sensor input above maximum acceptable voltage.
or
Throttle position sensor input below minimum acceptable voltage. "

Sounds like a TPS problem...............

Not to hijack, but I pulled a CE light today on my '06 TJ and it won't go away. Just checked it using the procedure mentioned above and got "06 02". Is that the same as "62"? And if so, what would cause that to happen???

You may want to have your '06 scanned at a parts store to be sure that's the right code, but p0602 is:
ECM Fueling Calibration Error: ECM Internal fault condition detected

They'll have to use a scanner to reset the light.

B.Jones, a bad TPS could cause those symptoms.

Not to hijack, but I pulled a CE light today on my '06 TJ and it won't go away. Just checked it using the procedure mentioned above and got "06 02". Is that the same as "62"? And if so, what would cause that to happen???

is it not still under warantee? bring that to a dealer. 3 years (from in service date) or 36k miles. Espically if it's a PCM, it'll be covered.

is it not still under warantee? bring that to a dealer. 3 years (from in service date) or 36k miles. Espically if it's a PCM, it'll be covered.

Yes, it's still under warranty. I'm just curious as to what would have caused that to happen.

i replaced the tps sensor and the jeep fired right up and ran for about 30 seconds then quit. now it will not run. i just put a new fuel pump on it. its getting fuel. when i do the key trick it still shows code 2.4 but the check engine light is not on.

the code is still popping up even though the check engine light is on. i hooked a scanner up to it at my mechanics shop and it wont link to the jeep for some reason. we have tried different scanners but none can link to my jeep. how can i reset the code?

I swapped the relays and nothing. For some reason none of my mechanics scanners can link with my jeep.

I hate to bump. I still haven't gotten this thing running. No scanners can pick up my jeep. Fuel is getting to the engine but it still won't crank. Please someone help.

Back