2.5 liter no start

mobiletj

I just swaped engines and i can not get the engine to start. I have spark but the efi is not firing the injectors. I was told by somone that the fly wheel has to be in a certain position to tell the computer to fire. Could I have put the fly wheel in the wrong position or is that guy giving me BS info. i put a new Crankshaft position sensor on it and it still does not work. The Haynes manual says the Crankshaft position sensor should hms out at 200 hms. I am reading 3 Mhms on the new one. do you think i got a bad crankshaft position sensor? What else could it be?[addsig]

Dude i am not answering you because I don't have a clue as to what to tell you. Welcome to the board and hang in there someone will ofer advice when someone has advice. your not being skipped over you just have a hard question top answer, so hang in there! tug
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I can´t remember the last time I changed motors that I didin´t forget to plug something up. Or worse yet, while plugging something up, I pushed a pin through the connector or bent something. I once bolted a transmission to a motor with a couple of wires crushed in there. Happens when, your all wore out, from all the wrenching, lifting and pushing. It´s also easy to short something out and blow a fuse or fry a relay.

Don´t really know the 2.5 ltr. motor but just a guess, the value of the position sensor might change depending on the position of the crank or if it´s in the motor or out. Is the sensor magnetic or inductive?

An inductive pickup, passes really small amounts of current, a little oil in the connector can really mess things up.

Good luck and welcome to the board.[addsig]

Same bolt here, 2.5 that will not start. No engine swap was involved. just replacing the right front fender..One week she runs the next week she does not. Here is a run down on what you might check to start with. Are you strong fire to the plugs.. Solenolds for the 2.5 are famous around for just going bad for no reason..trace back from your spark plugs checking for fire... Relays...a relay may have be damaged during the switch...have you checked fuses? both panels and inline? if you are getting fire...but no fuel is the pump working?? at the moment that is all I have...if I think of anything else I will post ASAP... if anyone knows what a Wrangler with factory 2.5 will not fire please post..I have no spark what so every... I have checked all the way to the solenoid and still nothing.. all fuses have been check and relays...I fear this might be a computer problem...but wish to check all routes before paying a hefty price having that checked...

keep jeeping[addsig]

Back