Squeaky shocks

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
I've got about two thousand miles on my rubicon express budget lift, and I'm starting to get some squeaks for both sides of the rear end. I bounced on the bumper and listened, and it really sounds like the shock itself that's squeaking.

Is this normal, and what's the best way to lube it?

I ended up spraying the majority of my rear suspension with wd-40. It killed the squeak though!

Once I got under the Jeep and began bouncing it, it seemed like every bushing had a squeak. Is there something alittle more permanent that I can spray on to prevent these in the future?

Did you lubricate the polyurethane bushings with a silicone base lubricant when you installed the lift?

Did you lubricate the polyurethane bushings with a silicone base lubricant when you installed the lift?

No I didn't - not a peep about that in the directions. Live and learn I guess. I'm going to get some silicone spray like Bounty suggested.

Ditto that! It was quite embarrasing for me when mine was squeaking. I went on a wheeling trip and almost turned around because I was making so much noise going over the smallest rocks.

Back