What tires and wheels should I get?

late input i know - but i've been running my 32" BFG M/T's for 4 yrs (mounted 8-13-04) and they are still about 75%tread (compared to the spare which has never seen any use..) jut my $.02

I have a set of 31in Pirelli AT's in the rear of my CJ and they really grip. I think they size up to 33 in? They look pretty aggressive and pucker nicely, too. I don't know what the price is because they were already on my Jeep. Just my two cents.

33 is all you need forwhatit sounds like you are doing. Like Bounty Hunter said though . . .you WILL lose power. I just wentto 33 Super Swamper TSL on myrig and completely lost 5th gear. I really dont think it will even hold speedon flat ground anymore in 5Th. I am asking some questions n other threads now about what gears to gotoand I think 4.88 is whatI need. Those Swampers are very agressive and heavy as hell so I need all the power I can get. There is achart under DO IT YOURSELF section that will advise what gears to go with for whichever sizetires you run. Veryhelpful.

Well, I got 31's with 4.88 and the 4-banger, and it works pretty well. I wish I could go higher when I upgrade to 33's (at least 5.13), but my axles will not allow to go any higher than 4.88, so I'm stuck until I change axles (which is a looooooong time away).

I think you should get some 35" mtrs. Hey I just happen to have some i'll sell so i can get my IROKS by xmas....LOLOLOL

Back