Lifted 2008 JK Unlimited sway problem

Pugsly

I am involved in the build of the above vehicle. The steering is really squirrely when you are over 30 MPH. it has a 4" lift, rs9000 shocks, drop pitman arm and dual steering stabilizers. 35" nitto tires on mickey thompson rims.

I cannot seem to get the steering to work right. What am I missing? Any help would be cool!

Pugsly

Welcome to the Z.

Have you had a professional alignment or have you aligned it to OEM specs?

I am involved in the build of the above vehicle. The steering is really squirrely when you are over 30 MPH. it has a 4" lift, rs9000 shocks, drop pitman arm and dual steering stabilizers. 35" nitto tires on mickey thompson rims.

I cannot seem to get the steering to work right. What am I missing? Any help would be cool!

Pugsly

Post a picture up of the front axle. It's easier to determine what may be wrong. You can email it to me if you can't post.

gman@savvyoffroad.com

yes to the wheel alignment. the jk will be back in my shop on monday and i will take fron axle pics. are photobucket attachments acceptable here? if so i can easily upload them.

OK, we rechecked the alignment and changed to bigger shocks and a double steering stabilizer. seems better, but still wanders. especailly when you hit bumps (bump steer?) I am wondering if more caster would help. It feels just like you are riding a bicycle with the handlebars turned around backwards.

Question, is the a long arm kit available for the front axle that has adjustable caster?

Thanks in advance! Jim

Back