Gas Gauge?`

Burger

My 95 Jeep wrangler says it has a full tank all the time? What can I do to fix this problem?
Thanks,

Drive it????? Lol

Just kidding... Mine stuck and all I did was make sure it was about down to half a tank and I bounced and shook it ... That worked!

drallabg's initial reply was classic, I actually did "lol"

I was thinking a short as well. I have an '82 cj7 and just the opposite happens for me, it reads empty all the time so like superj I keep an eye on the odometer. However people do say it's most likely a short.

i know mine is. i cannot find it though. none of my center gauges work except the clock and volt meter. the other three go to full deflection

I have the same problem in my 93 YJ... Plus a couple more. My odometer, speedometer, all gauges, and now the lights on them don't work anymore. I've heard it might be a short too. Any info would be appreciated.

bad ground to instament cluster is what was wrong with my friends 91 yj it took him 7 mechanics and 6months of messing around to find it!! when he did find the shorted ground it was by accedent his radio quit working so he went to install a new head unit and found the broken ground wire hooked it up and everything worked again. dumb luck

Last edited:
oh ya!!!!!! that is the kind of stuff i like to read. i am going to tear into it then (when it warms up, these 60* days are killing me)

60 degrees ha i wish rt now its minus 17 and suppose ta get down to -25 without the windchill here in wisconsin and i got ta crawl under the jeep and put in a starter in the am lol and no garage

It is a bad ground more than likely, possible sending unit issues. Even with a working gas gauge I still track miles on the odometer.

Back