91 yj ford king pin d60 beginer

regarding what BH posted and the pic that is posted, is that just a mock up, or is this what you are actually measurements/ dimentions your running. I see a number of issues that you are going to have if this is going to be your setup.

1. the single spring your using for the 3/4 spring over extends the frame rail by what appears to be 5 inches, that spring is going to bend and possibly break very easily
2. you shackle angle looks near vertical if not negative, back into an obsticle, things are going to start to fold like a house made of cards. furthermore, since the lower spring does not appear to go as far back as the top, one good compression and the bottom spring will invert and the top spring again, will bend like a pretzal.

Oh shackles, assuming they are 3/16, I'd run them. I have had better luck with 3/4 suspensions with boomerang shackles and the top srping under the frame more with the bottom of the shackle at about 25 degrees positive

Last edited:
regarding what BH posted and the pic that is posted, is that just a mock up, or is this what you are actually measurements/ dimentions your running. I see a number of issues that you are going to have if this is going to be your setup.

1. the single spring your using for the 3/4 spring over extends the frame rail by what appears to be 5 inches, that spring is going to bend and possibly break very easily
2. you shackle angle looks near vertical if not negative, back into an obsticle, things are going to start to fold like a house made of cards. furthermore, since the lower spring does not appear to go as far back as the top, one good compression and the bottom spring will invert and the top spring again, will bend like a pretzal.

Oh shackles, assuming they are 3/16, I'd run them. I have had better luck with 3/4 suspensions with boomerang shackles and the top srping under the frame more with the bottom of the shackle at about 25 degrees positive
OK 1. I have posted b4 that i placed it there as a mock up just for the purpose of mesuring 4 a bumper that will have bump stops for this very reasone no over bending or breaking on compession. if u look close at the pic u can c the holes the old bumper ripped outta lol i thought the pic would help others vision wut i tried explaining there is no bumper at all in the pic i also wanted 2 c the angle the half leaf would b on if i didnt modify the frame rail witch by the way i probly will mount the leaf on less of an angle but not shure how ether shims or weld a sorta wedge 2 frame havent thought to much bout it thow but ya all those pics r not me workin on it just visioning wut i could do n how 2 make it work thaks 4 the suggestions but i pionted them out b4 others started pointing themout 2 me your not the first:) but ya all pics from now on say wut u want cause im tearin it down check out my new post in builds section im the first timer yj build

hey No Problem, considering you are a self proclaimed first time YJ bilder, and some of the people here have built more vehicles than you have ever driven, I would hazard on you being as defensive as you are being percieved, good critizism should be considered advice not a verbal bashing of your skill set.

I also suggest learning to type better, that is painful for us older folks to read.

hey No Problem, considering you are a self proclaimed first time YJ bilder, and some of the people here have built more vehicles than you have ever driven, I would hazard on you being as defensive as you are being percieved, good critizism should be considered advice not a verbal bashing of your skill set.

I also suggest learning to type better, that is painful for us older folks to read.

ok ill do my best 2 explain. So im doing a 3/4 eliptical rear leafsping set-up(u no this but 4 ne1 who dosent), which mean the shackle is mounted to 1/2 a leafspring that gets mounted to the frame rail in the pic my current susp. is bolted in. So the main leaf (laying in snow) is just hanging off the extra 1''or so of bolt thats sticking out past the nut thats holding current leaf in place and the 1/2 leaf is just pushed through the shackles so i can c how much longer the new spring is side by side(without taking it off) and how far it ''protrudes'' out the rear so i can take mesurements 4 the bumper nd bump stops so 1/2 leaf dosent bend/fold up shakles r a joke i no :lol: i just wanted to c how low spring would hang aprox. n such i only made the 1 set/ 2 of them. just 2 hold um 2gether while i day dreamed. So wut do u think? oh n i no theres at least a lil rust every where and alot in sum spots lol but 20 years in canada will do it :)

Being different doesn't always mean your doing it right, or that you are useful.

the way you are out boarding the spings is already adding a couple inches over stock couple that with a 4" spring and SOA, you lift height is gonna be about 13" or so. Way too High.

Your outboarding idea is adequate if you are running a fairly flat spring in SOA, and should fit a 40" tire with out issue. they look like either the ruff stuff or BTF kit. BUT not sure whats going on for the rear or the shackles, but that is some scary looing sh!t.

Also FYI, the astro box from a 95-01 astro rwd van is the same case and design as the jeep box, just beefier internals and a different pitman swing.

thanks again here sum pics hope there ok!! Ohh ya I dont think i could use sumthin from an astro van ether :lol: but thanks the pics r of the frunt out board brackets that will use half the old mount and the rear new leafs just hangin in place everything about this is budget redneck style nd im proud!!! first build im 22 n everything i no i learned from websites like this n just tryin to figure it out on my own

Thank you very much thats alota help!!! as for the lift im not 2 shure myself! lol I would just like the frount to match the rear. Thats where u might laugh at me n tell me 2 think of sumthin else but i wana b different :D so in the rear im planing a 3/4 eliptical useing mazda b300 leafsprings fliped so my axle is pushed back about 9'' The 1/4 eliptical leaf spring will have bump stops located off the rear bumper to limit over flexing while compressed Sooo i have no idea how high this will sit but i plan on mocking it all in place sumtime soon, now i was thinking to prevent wheel hop i will run sua in rear with track bars (it all looks good in my head:shades: got sum drawn up) i can change alot with diff shackle lenghths add or remove leafs ext. like i said b4 im laid off right now n this is my only toy right now so im not ripping it apart right now just gathering parts n info i also live in canada with no shop I lay in the snow while workin on ma baby my shed is only about 10x10 i do have a lotta tool but not like a shop
How many times do u want to talk about this? i have reserched the rear suspesion more then anything else. i am far from an expert on this but its bin coverd many times on this site mainly by u. so i am sry 4 the hostility but its frustrateing repeating this subject wen i dont even have the current set up off. Ill post sum pics just 4 u wen its bolted in and i have made the bumper. 2 others not u did say scawy n holy fubar but whatever u can c my hand holding the parts in place. I didnt just start welding stuff 2gether seems like thats wut u thought

Back