my 4banger has died

cali_92

the poor 4cyl. has seized up. some ppl throw some ideas at me. no V8s

most likely a 4cyl unless i can get a 6cyl. (either inline or V) in there for reasonable price. but with 6 i need trans etc. with any engine?

V8.... oh.... 88 cubic inch V-twin

the cheapest will be another 2.5. if the one you had worked, I would just stay with that

Another 2.5 4 cylinder would be the easiest without any modifications and there are a pile of them out there. As far as a diferent engine, I always thought a GM 4.3 V6 would be a good swap and there are a bunch of them too.

You in Cali? I am on the phone so I cannot tell. If you are, you only have to have 92 or newer engine, right? Put a 6cylinder from a Cherokee in it with the Cherokee trans so you can another gear on the auto

i just plain flat out dont want an 8. i have an 8 in another truck just want something smaller and lighter.
dont newer 4cyl stock have a little more horsepower and torque?
could i put a better 4cyl. without changing the trans etc?
by better i mean have more hp and trq. stock.

Srt 4 turbo 2.4. Good mileage and good power. Adapters to bolt up to a few jeep transmissions.

that sounds like fun. probably would need the computer with it to run it right?

Ya. Computer and harness. I bought a write off srt for 1800 bucks and sold the power train to a buddy for 2500 I just wanted the seats

Ya there's lots of them wrote off. Especially up here winter and fwd turbo don't mix. there's lots of options even if you go with the 2.5 see if there's a cam out there or other cheap mods to help out.

i just plain flat out dont want an 8. i have an 8 in another truck just want something smaller and lighter.
dont newer 4cyl stock have a little more horsepower and torque?
could i put a better 4cyl. without changing the trans etc?
by better i mean have more hp and trq. stock.

I have an '03 with the 2.4.......wife had a '94 YJ with the 2.5. In my humble opinion, the 2.5 kicked 2.4's arse both in power and torque. 2.4 might get a little better mileage but it's negligible. 2.5 would probably be easier to find, also. my 2 cents.

i had a 98 cherokee with a 2.5 and a 5 speed and that thing was a blast to drive. my 87 or 85 comanche with a 2.5 was a dog

Back