2008 wrangler drifting

weathergirl17

hi everyone new to this and need help. I bought a 2008 wrangler Sahara and had new ball joints put on and the front end alignment done and it drifts/wonders all over the road. I had the alignment guy recheck and he said everything was with in the specs. The tires are like new and they are inflated to 32lbs. Anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this?thanks

Is your jeep lifted? If so how much and what is the conditions of your parts? A picture or three is worth a lot in this case. Escpecially of your front axle and steering, also the control arms mainly the bushing (or joints if aftermarket). Alignment specs also change if your jeep isn't stock.

I would try to find a mechanic experienced in aligning Jeeps, or if yours is lifted, aligning lifted Jeeps.

Have someone move the steering wheel back and forth while you inspect all steering linkage and the steering box for excess lateral movement. Check the front track bar ends very closely for movement.

Agree!

Did you actually have bad ball joints or were they replaced cause you are wandering?

Did they give you the alignment readout? They should cause you payed for it. Post up the #s along with a pic of the jeeps front end like this.

Alignment402-1.jpg

Improper caster can cause this. If you have less than a few degrees of positive caster, your steering wanders. This can be checked by the alignment readout. Sometimes shops change the "green" numbers just to get you moving on, resulting in a poor alignment. Another thing is whether or not your Jeep is lifted, and how high. Big lifts on JKs create a lot of angle in the drag link, which causes your steering to suffer.

Back