Engine swap issues

Jax Colorado

I have a 93 YJ with a 4.0 HO engine that recently took on water. I was curious if anyone knew what issues or modifications might be necessary with an engine swap from a 97 TJ. Thanx

The fuel injection system & the ignition system in the "97 is different from the "93. If you use the FI & ignition from the "93 I think you wouldn't have too many other issues.

You can use the intake and throttle body from the 97 on the 93. They should be the same but the 97 could possibly have the better intake, which will still work on the 93 system. They could actually be the same all the way through so you will just have to check when you pull the one and have it next to the other

I have a 93 YJ with a 4.0 HO engine that recently took on water. I was curious if anyone knew what issues or modifications might be necessary with an engine swap from a 97 TJ. Thanx

do you mean "water in the eng. oil" ? i have a 94 yj with an internal eng. crack AND water in the oil. it runs and i use it, but i don't want to put another "italian made" in it'

Back