my jeep pops out of reverse!

19wrangler89

Ok, I put on a 4" RE lift about 6 months ago ( yes in the dead of The New England winter, and no NOT in a garage!). When I was done, i drove it around, everything is fine, no drive line vibs. no probs. until backed it into my driveway. I shifted into reverse let the clutch out and SLAM! it slammed out of reverse! Now, for the last six months i have to HOLD the shift lever in reverse and softly feather the clutch as to prevent it from popping out. Reverse up hill is TWICE as bad! Please help me !!!!! :(

What kind of RE Lift?? if you did a Body lift you may have to look into trimming the floor board at the back of the Shifter.

L33TJ33P said:
What kind of RE Lift?? if you did a Body lift you may have to look into trimming the floor board at the back of the Shifter.
I'll see if the floor is in the way, thanks, it's such an obvious thing but I never even thought of checking. It's a susp. lift but I also have a 1 inch body lift

if you have that 1 inch body lift.... any transfercase drop you might have done with that 4 inch lift will bring that shifter closer to the floor when you shift there... you can cut the floor away, or you might be able to modify your shifter

I don't think that's the look we're going for here.....hehehehe

My friend had a problem staying in 4lo because of his body lift.... trimming the floor was the key to that...

just one of the 70,000,000 uses of that mighty tool

yeah... he was at a whopping 4" of body lift

It seems like it would be top heavy really bad but then again maybe not ...to each there own...

Back