Engines and lifts

hugh87

I would like to know if a 94' Wrangler with a four banger could handle a 3.5" lift with 32" tires? I am wondering if the engine could handle this or if I should just get a bigger engine.

With 32s you're probably going to be on the verge of wanting to re-gear, but you'll probably be okay since the 4 bangers generally have lower gears in the diffs... a friend of mine put on 33s and 5th gear is now totally useless, with 32s it shouldnt be too bad though.

I have a 94 with the 6 and 5th is useless! I have a 4.5 lift, stock gears and can not get over 55 mph... I am looking to do the gears but have not figured out what gears to go with. maybe 4:11.

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2[/IMG]Originally posted by O IIIIII O:
I have a 94 with the 6 and 5th is useless! I have a 4.5 lift, stock gears and can not get over 55 mph... I am looking to do the gears but have not figured out what gears to go with. maybe 4:11. </font></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Try this site for good info: http://www.jeepz.com/offroad/howto/drivetrain/gearratio/index.htm Sorry Terry. Picking up your good habits.
image-missing.png

------------------
If you didn't break it you didn't play hard enough; A bad day Jeepin is far better than the best day at work.

After seeing the chart I will either go with 4:11 or 4:27. Another question- Should I replace the stock axles (Dana 30/35)? I have heard stories of them not being to reliable.

If you cannot get over 55 mph with just larger tires then you have something else wrong..definitely not the tires problem. Even with a 4 banger you will be able to run 75 to 80 mph with 33" tires......maybe not get there as quickly but only running 55mph is not the tire problem.....good luck
image-missing.png

Back