Tow Hooks on YJ

hi_c

I know some of you have, but is there any issues with installing the common $10 tow hooks on the front of a YJ? As I'm getting ready to purchase a pair, I notice that the hooks have 3 holes and my bumper/frame only has 1 bolt. All the vendors say "easy no-drill installation". Is this true? Thanks in advance for any comments.

image-missing.png
[addsig]

Personally I never install hooks anymore. I´ve seen to many guys pull there bumper off, snap cheap hooks, snap chains and whatnot. I put loops on, either vertically or horizontaly, looks like a U with holes at the end. Always put a peice of flat steel under the frame bolts to stiffen things up a bit. When made with 1/2" mild steel they have a tendancy to bend rather than break. And for really heavy aplications, I make the bolt holes into slots so there is a little slip in there. I have a dent across my hood, that stops inches from my windshield from a snapped tow strap.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

With your tow hooks pull the peice of plastic off your bumper that says jeep keep if you want i didnt, under that you will find you other hole to mount your hook, good luck

marc[addsig]

Thanks Marc. I removed the plastic and found the two rusty holes. I'm gonna clean that up then drill a hole in the plastic so I can bolt the hooks on and leave the plastic there. I like that piece.

image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back