Posting code

mingez

Terry,
Why is it that the HTML code is turned off? Can we turn it on?

Is it off for security issues or bandwidth issues.

mingez said:
Terry,
Why is it that the HTML code is turned off? Can we turn it on?

Is it off for security issues or bandwidth issues.

He told me it's off to keep you from causing trouble......:purple:

Like your any better Spanky!?!:purple:
The last I heard your still wanted in two country's for Computer espionage!

Last edited:
speaking of codes, Mingez, does the firefox BBCode extension work for you on the new Jeepz site? It doesn't seem to work for me when posting since Terry upgraded the site :?

TwistedCopper said:
speaking of codes, Mingez, does the firefox BBCode extension work for you on the new Jeepz site? It doesn't seem to work for me when posting since Terry upgraded the site :?

yes sir! I use it all of the time. There are 3 versions of posting editors on this site. "Basic editor" , "Standard editor", and "enhanced editor".

It's under the user CP under "Edit Options" and is the 2nd to last option on the page. The enhanced editor (which is probably what you are on) uses Java or Xtml or something, and it messes with your options. If you switch it to the Standard Editor then you'll notice the option will reappear when you right click any selected material.

mingez said:
If you switch it to the Standard Editor then you'll notice the option will reappear when you right click any selected material.
:!: :D AH, there it is! Danke Mingez!

Utah_jeepster said:
Like your any better Spanky!?!:purple:
The last I heard your still wanted in two country's for Computer espionage!

Oh yeah....that's me. I got bytes and binary numbers comin' out my ears!:roll: The warrants have something to do with computers, but it ain't espionage!!:purple:

yeah, the html is off for security, or else we could do all types of craziness. BBcode should be on though. Is there anything in particular that you'd like to do that you can't now? As you guys know, I'm not a big message board poster, so I'm not sure if there is some new feature that we are really missing out on.

I think it's fine the way it is now. I've been to boards where HTML runs rampant, and it's a real PITA to try to read anything. Leave it off.

Back