Suggestion

You wouldn't get as much input then. Plus, it wold be like all the other cookie cutter forums

People have mentioned it before, and I don't think it's a bad idea overall. There hasn't really been enough demand for me to do anything about it.

There is truth to the statement that you get more input when they are lumped together. If there was a CJ8 Scrambler section it probably wouldn't get too many posts, however any CJ7 or even YJ owner could probably answer the same questions.

While the CJ and YJ share similar features in suspensions there is a larger characteristic differences in motors. Just as the TJ, LJ and JK have a coil suspension, JK's have a completely different motor and transmission combination. But separating them into each individual class would create a larger band width demand in searches and file storage due to repeat questions involving axle, gearing, suspension and general motor questions.
While there is a general difference from year to year in each wrangler, over all they all share some common characteristics that many here can answer that don't own that particular year.
There are already many boards dedicated to CJ's and ones to JK owners exclusively, heck there is even a Cherokee owners group that if you don't own one you cant become a member, but separating it down to base model and or class will leave many sections lacking that 'group knowledge base' that comes from a general Wrangler, Cherokee and such that we share here.

Well said. I barely have time to make it through the current number of forums.

Its a good point on the similarities in all Jeeps. For example I have a 98 GC and the majority of the most helpful advice I have gotten are from TJ and YJ owners as even tho I have a grand the suspension is almost identical. Also for the help on my engine issues I browse a few Dodge Dakota type forums for the info I'm looking for. No other Jeeps have the 5.2l so help isn't as accurate from people who have had 4.0l forever.
I believe lumping them all together is best if for no other reason than people educating themselves on more than one particular model.
Just my. 02€.

Back