line x procdure, costs and alternatives

currupt4130

VT Hokie
replacing weatherstripping...?

im wanting to line x the inside of my jeep since ive taken the carpet out after getting sick of always cleaning mud off of it. what kind of procdure do you have to go through to do that, taking out seats etc or do they do that for you, and how much does it cost. also if anyone knows about an alternative to line x like herculiner info would be rad

I have heard as low as $450 for LineX and the guy that had it done just dropped his CJ-7 off.

I'm going for the spray-in stuff in a can... I'll be doing that on the underside too. Not too sure how it's gonna turn out, but I'll let you know when I do.

Line-X around here, you have to take it to them with only the driver's seat in, and he'll do the inside and underside of your Jeep for $650

Alright currupt4130 my dad and i own a Line-x shop. Great stuff and prolly the best on the market. strongest and most durable. also it is number one in customer satisfaction. also carries a nation wide warranty. yeah it maybe more expensive then others but you know its getting done right the first time. plus on the off chance it has a defect it is fixed. just get out and compare the products around you.

I have the "spray-in stuff in a can" in my Jeep. It does look good, but even after spraying on many coats, it wears down fast in areas where stuff (like feet) are always rubbing on it. In all my trucks, I had Arma Coatings do it. They do a very good job, and it has a lifetime waranty for evey possible little thing that could go wrong. Like most, however, they are not cheap. But I'm friends with the owner and all the employees, so I get it for almost nothing.
To make it last a very long time, they apply it while it's hot and use a ton of pressure when spraying it on, and its ready to be used in a few seconds.
They also claim that they are the best on the market, but who really knows?

where im from rhino liner or line x will charge $450 if you bring it to them with the interior taken out OR $650 if you just drop the keys off.

If you got the extra money to spend I would go for the line x too... but to save youself money take everything out of the interior but the drivers seat like 89blackYJ mentioned. They may take off even more money if you prep it too. When I did my Hurculiner I had to sand the tub down then wipe it down with Xylol (Xylene). I assume the Line X place will do something similar to that.

For less than $100 and some elbow grease I am going to do it myself with Herculiner and put that saved money into something else for the old jeep.

Back