Fun for GPS users + win a Jeep!!

geopig

Hey all,

Got an email about this contest from geocaching.com, which if you haven't heard of this is a fun type of scavenger hunt where you use a GPS unit to find cache's in you area and abroad that hold different items or have interesting views etc. Anyhow, the people at Jeep have picked up on it and have got a contest running this summer. You can read about it here:

http://jeep.geocaching.com/

Check it out if you have a GPS or want to get one and couldn't justify the purchase. Its alot of fun even without the jeep bait dangling in front of your nose :shock:

Sweeeetttttttt
gonna TRY AND BORROW MY BUDDIES GPS ATTACHMENT FOR MY LAPTOP

ROade said:
well,he gave me the gps
but he cant find the software

You might be able to find the software on Ebay, or maybe a pirate version. (Not that I'm promoting that sort of thing)

Maybe the manufacturer can send you a copy.

Fun Facts about Jeepz

I just went to the site... SO cool! Never seen that before, will buy GPS soon!

Yup, ya gotta give Geocaching a whirl. I've been doing it for about 6 months now, and love it! Part of the reason I bought my Jeep, so I could get to places the Camry couldn't!

For those that are going to purchase a GPS unit for the Jeep Geocaching thing or just to have a gps unit, the Garmin Etrex model is a great one for new users. Very simple, very cheap, and does everything a newb will want to do. Just a note also for the ebay'ers. You can pick up that model typically for around or slightly less than $100 brand new (e.g. rei.com), so don't pay more than that for one on ebay! Good luck all!

What's cool about it, is that it gives you added reason to trail, other than for the sake of trailing. (Not that trailing isn't enough) But I can't wait to start my own cache.

Back