What's your favorite model and year Jeep?

TwistedCU

My favorite year is the 91, which was the first year you could get a fuel injected 4.0L 6 cyl and the older style angled-down-and-back roll bar. Old looks, new technology - best of both worlds.
image-missing.png

Well, biased I am. So I will say that OTHER than the XJ, I've always liked the new TJ. Since '97 I've considered getting one. I'm also a big fan of the CJ7.

I liked my old '94 XJ a lot, but after getting a TJ , i would have to stay the TJ because it's my daily driver and i can have SO much fun with it as well. mine is a 99 tj . so yah 99 tj prolly

I love my TJ almost more than anything, but I think the best Jeep is the CJ-8. A Jeep with a pickup bed :shock: Now that is cool 8)

K-Phat said:
I love my TJ almost more than anything, but I think the best Jeep is the CJ-8. A Jeep with a pickup bed :shock: Now that is cool 8)

CJ8's do kick ass

Scraping when at hard right hand turn

A year ago I would have sayed my 95 yj but now I love the newer wranglers soooo much more so I go with the 97'and up TJ

And this is my 300th post!!!!!!!!!! :D

TwistedCopper said:
My favorite year is the 91, which was the first year you could get a fuel injected 4.0L 6 cyl and the older style angled-down-and-back roll bar. Old looks, new technology - best of both worlds.
image-missing.png

Yeah! That's my favorite jeep too for the same reason... oh and I have a 91 too. But I do like there is only ONE year that has that combanation of roll bar and engine. Is there any "one year item or combo" jeeps?

I like my CJ7. 82 is a great year for the wide track axles. I used to love the TJ's for the shorter wheel base. But after feeling how much more stable and capable mine is with the longer wheel base, I have learned to love the CJ7.

Well, I have a 2003 TJ and the only thing I don't like about it is the Death Wobble Factor. Other than that I would have to go with TJ but up to 2002 (easier to find parts that fit)

back spacing question

When I had my 72 CJ-5 back in '77 I thought it was the best Jeep ever built. In the early 90s I had a bitch'n 69 Jeepster Commando with posi front/rear & auto hubs, Buick V-6 Auto. This rig was a real performer & head turner & I kindá miss it but my true love is obviously in the CJ-7s as you can tell by my sig. If I had the bucks though I'd love to have a long arm Rubicon.

A/C compressor question

My favorites are the AMC years. The 70s and 80s CJs. Lots of funky style and character.

The XJ, MJ and YJ was designed on AMCs watch too.

As far as looks go I've always liked that big honkin hood on the CJ-3B, as far as space I would say the 101" CJ-6

Topless CJ-5 All the way. I love the CJs and I like the 5 and 7 the best, but the 5 wins out because I like the look of the door cut-outs better.

jay79cj7 said:
Topless CJ-5 All the way. I love the CJs and I like the 5 and 7 the best, but the 5 wins out because I like the look of the door cut-outs better.

I wish there was a CJ-7 (or at least the same size), with the same door cut-outs as the CJ-5. I think that would look awesome! I think I might have to build one now that I think about it.

YJ Sahara Interior Rug (NJ)

What years were the CJ6's made, I can't recall at the moment what they look like.

Back