Just got outta jail

spoken like a true PPA member. I'm out....

apologies, far_right. by making that comment, I think I've joined up too. :shock: Took it personally and I know better than that. I still vote for mingez :p NOW, I'm out-a this thread! WHEW!!!

TC, You crack me up. Sub-woofers??? Heehehehehee. :lol:

Police officers are heros BTW. 8)

Sparky, I too am a former smoker... haven't had one since February 9th...3 hours... and 32 sec's...33...34.... :?

Mud, you could never be a PPA member, you have the ability to walk a mile in another person's shoes. :wink:

Remember, the concept of "right and wrong" is different than "legal and Illegal." It was once illegal to possess, consume or distribute alcohol. (prohibition) It was also once illegal to sit in the front of a bus if you were black. Go back far enough, and it was once illegal to resist search and seizure from government militia. But we learn, grow and evolve from these otherwise backwards ways of thinking.

Case in point, read TC's big industry post earlier in the thread. All prohibition served to do was fill the pockets of those in control of black market product.

But nobody would argue those who drink are "bad" people because they drink, thus the ridiculousness of prohibiting alcohol.
Blacks were not "Bad" people for sitting in the front of a bus.. therefore government-enforced racial seperation was/is a ludicrous notion.

I guess my point is: illegality doesn't necessarily presuppose "wrongness". Congruently, a pot smoker isn't necessarily an "evil" person due to his habit.
Don't ge me wrong, I'm not suggesting the legalization of pot. (although there is a strong arguement there.)

And finally, it sucks Jeepmaster got pinched because I like him, he's a good guy, made a mistake by breaking the law, and has to endure the stress of dealing with it. It sucks whenever a friend of mine suffers. (And I consider everyone on this site a friend)
Yes he has to pay for it because he broke the law, but is he a "bad" person for doing it...probably not. :idea:

Let's keep things civil in here and stop labeling such as PPA and pothead and such, little too personal there. Sure there are strong opinions and those are fine, he knew what he was getting into in starting such a controversial thread, good to hear it from both sides. Remember to respect all opinions, even if you don't agree with it.

I've refrained from posting to this thread since I'm heavily biased, as most know which side of the fence I'll be on. I will say there has been a lot of good opinions and info put out so far, and everybody here has done an exceptional job on keeping such controversial topics at a mature level.

Suspension Questions

i agree with bounty there... though, i am not so biased to one side as he is... so i really have a clear view at both sides... i like the way peoples' thoughts come out, and come to be very valid points... i respect that very much...

there is a big difference between moral, fair, and legal.... we all have to remember that... what is "right" under one, may not be "right" under another... if you can keep them seperated, you can have a good understanding to others' opinions...

good job everyone

i'd like to clear up one final point.. im not bitching i got caught (i wouldnt really even call anything i've said thus far bitching) im just upset because i believe my rights were violated. the same rights that the police are supposed to (and are) helping to defend every single day and it seems kinda oxymoron-like to violate someones rights in defense of someone else's rights

final thought -

im a bad bad man :twisted:

fried shrimp, shrimp scampi, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo...

Ever made fun of Cheech and Chong? LOL LOL Prime example, they are so much fun to imitate. My ex and his father could do a C&C routine like no other, they'd have me rolling on the floor peeing myself. I love thier movies to this day.

HEY MAN, THAT'S DOPE! :lol:

I'm not getting into the arguments anymore, just thought I'd drop a note.

On a jeep related note, I finally ordered mirror movers and they are freaking BACKORDERED. I could just spit fire, I swear. Summer will be gone when I get them.

Lady

My "pothead" useage was referring to a line in "Meet the Parents". Sorry if I offended anyone (all my buddies who smoked referred to themselves as potheads; it wasn't a cutdown or anything). As for the right/wrong/legal/illegal thing. I know this is something we could go round and round about, but to me, if it's illegal, it's wrong. There are a lot of laws that I don't like but that doesn't give me the right to break them. That would be considered "wrong" by the police, and they would throw my ass in jail. Don't do "wrong" things and you won't get thrown in jail. Pretty simple to me, but I can see how some people don't think smoking pot is "wrong". It IS illegal and therefore is "wrong" in my book until enough of you smokers get together and get it leagalized, which probably won't happen because non dope smokers don't like dope, and there are a whole lot more people who don't smoke than there are smokers. Last but not least, and I'm stating my opinion here, not a fact (I figure at least one of you will reply with the "opinions are like assholes" phrase), it is human nature to try and justify something if it is something you like to do. I've heard "pot isn't bad for you" which is not true and has been disproven scientifically. I've heard "pot isn't a gateway drug" which has also been statistically disproven AND proven wrong by my own life experience with it (I know it isn't a gateway for everyone but it is for more people than not). It's not the "great evil" of the world or anything but it's not the harmless little thing pot smokers try and make it out to be either. At least cigarette smokers will say "these things are killiing me but I'm still going to smoke them". Pot smokers always say "it's not bad for you....if everyone smoked weed we would all live peacefully (which is true but we would also starve because no high person wants to do any work).....it SHOULD be legal....."
Should be legal and legal are two different things.

I might as well throw my hat into the ring yet again! Let's see we have Under age consumtion where Dad goes straight from bed to jail and now Potheads getting busted, all in the same few weeks around here. "What has happened to the neighborhood martha" hehehehehe

Pot!!!!!!!! Deal is it is against the law..... Fact is it is a great way to loosen up and spend your free time gt the munchies and grow a big butt.... I live in an area where some of the very best bud in the country is grown "according to High Times and other pro smoke rags" Cock county is a bad place filled with high tech growers that take gaurding their crops very serious. My county has signs up at all roads entering from any directions "Welcome to Unicoi County - Zero Drug Tolerence" Here to we have the high tech drug dealers and manufacture out fits. Only we have a Sheriff that is walking tall in the war against drugs. Almost a daily bust happens here in this little mountain village. Meth labs, Pot farms both out door 2 plant gardens and Hydrophonic out of the way basement farms. I have sold these dealers personal property at auction for the county many times and they are supplying the local drug enforment task force with all the money they need with the cool stuff they buy with the drug money and have when they get caught. I just sold one Hydro fram busts items for $144,000.00 and that is buying 4 new cruisers. Ther was a nice 423 cal German Sniper Rifel and some real nice leather furniture. They were listening to a $20.000 stereo and had 4 nice TVs. All going to buy anti drug equipment.

Folks we can defend the drugs, As I to did for the longest time in my smoked up pot head youth. We can claim to have our rights roughted up by the cop's when we get busted. We can think that we deserve better when we get treated badly for doing the wrong thing. We can get mad when someone gets torqued and tells the truth but fact is Wrong is Wrong. No one ever caught and busted was ever guilty. Go to any jail and ask the inmates how many of you are not guilty of the crimes you are busted for and see how many will tell you I did not do it.... I was framed.... My rights were violated....

So to put this long winded tug thing to bed here is what I have seen here. Dude I am so sorry you got caught.. It sucks and not it will cost you for the rest of your life but you knew it was not ok to have smoke transport and deal either buying or selling a controled substance... The cops only caught you they did not beat you down or shoot you like they would have in many countrys so just be glad you caught in America.... Where at least you have rights to be steped on from time to time.... tug

i'd like to address the gateway thing again. i think the only excuse for pot being a gateway drug is its the easiest to get so DUH its gonna be done first.. but cigs are done first because DUH they're even easier to get than pot, every gas station in the country has them. in order for something to ac tually be blamed for someone then using a more hardcore drug, i believe it should actually have to chemically make them want it. it doesnt, and therefore isnt a gateway drug. you guys also say that it doesnt make you wanna do anything, so how can "experts" (who've possibly never used it) say that it makes you wanna get up and do other drugs? it sounds like a weak shot at keeping pot in the worst light it can possibly be in

Now the kids in my home town start smoking weed when they're 14. When I was in high school my crew and i really thought we were cutting up splitting a 6 pack 3 ways. Then a couple of the guys decided to try weed. They rolled a toothpick up and smoked it and we waited for lightening to strike but it didn't. They smoked more and more and nothing bad happened, so they when someone offered them meth they figured "what's the harm". Smoking pot isn't something anyone does for the first time thinking "there's nothing wrong with doing this". Once that barrier is crossed you've done an illegal drug and you can never again say you haven't, so it makes it a lot easier when someone offers you something else. I'm not saying everyone who smokes pot is going to become a crack head, but statistically people who smoke pot are a whole lot more likely to experiment with other drugs. That's why it IS a gateway drug. Before my friend Joyner shot himself he was up to 15 xanax bars a day. He built up a tolerance to it bacause he took it all the time. He started taking xanax and other painkillers, meth, and acid because he smoked so much weed that it took a ton of it to get him high. Out of 7 of us that ran around in high school, 3 of us stayed clean and the other guys (who all started on weed) got into heavier stuff and are complete wastes of flesh now. It's not a gateway drug for everyone, but it is for more than it's not.......

no offense to your friend, i have equally as f'ed up friends, but i dont blame pot, they have far more serious issues.. blaming pot as a so called "gateway drug" is a weak cop-out

I can't tell you how many of my smart, staight "A" best friends have dropped every oportunity for success because of that crap called "weed." When I say that they were smart, they had scholarships being offered to them junior year in high school. Beginning of senior year these "awesome" friends of mine got into smoking weed. Why I don't know. Don't get me wrong, I HAVE TRIED SMOKING WEED BEFORE... 6 times to be exact

I hated every bit of it. I don't know why people would go and waste their money on it not to mention kill themselves. I feel the same for cigarettes. .

Now back to my friends, these guys became total potheads and losers because of weed. No, not everyone who smokes weed is a pothead or a loser, but nearly every weed smoker that I met is one. They had everything going for them and lost it all. Three of them dropped out of senior year half way through it.

I BLAME WEED FOR IT ALL!!!!

The last part of this thread seems to be leaning toward the belief that:
Wrong=Illegal.

Therefore, if pot were legalized tommorrow, then suddenly it wouldn't be "wrong" anymore. So when all of them crazy enviromentalists outlaw jeeps due to there propensity to not being environmentally friendly, miraculously we would all be "Bad" people?

Riiiiiiggghhhhttt?

Right isn't always right, and wrong isn't always wrong, because everyone has a different idea of what that is. We need to get that straight.

The thread has taken a turn form the orginal source. It is not all about right and wrong at all it is more like legal and illegal. Not all laws are right but they are the law, and not all laws are wrong but more of the same. This poor kid just got busted and hopefully he learned a lesson. If your going to dance best be ready to pay the fiddler, and Don't cry when you do! tug

Back