Lets See the Inside !

White

JPS posted his gauge setup, Got me thinking what other mods have people done to the Inside of there Jeep.

Driving a standard cab Keeps me kinda cramped, Always looking for Ideas.
So from gauges to headunits CBs Storage whatever ! I would like to see it.
I will get some of mine posted in a few.

I'd post ya something White but I haven't done a darn thing to mine except add a CB. I use my center console most for storage cuz it locks. I keep zip in the Jeep anyway!

Hope someone else posts some stuff, I'm sure the older jeeps have tons of these types of mods.

Lady

For my old XJ. Since it was a true off roader, I stripped the interior clean of anything on the floor, ceiling and door panels. After that, I coated the entire interior with Line-X. Worked like a charm and saved me like 500 lbs worth of useless weight.
(Gave me an additional 1" of lift as well)

If I were to do it again, I wouldn't. It was not practical for a daily driver, but it's perfect for a mudder.

Since I showed my guages, Let me next level this!

Here is a shot of my 6 disc changer in my glove box
image-missing.png

Not a huge fan of 6x9 speackers so I took my "thore" boxes and re-fivberglassed them to hold a set of Components!
image-missing.png

Jeeps are not known for there trunk space. this is my sub set up. 12" Kicker L7 in a downfire setup, then I made my own "insta-trunk" and allows me storage on each side.

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Threw all the amps under the rear seat, as well as one of the Farad compasitors. the other is under te front seat
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Inside of the Jeep? You mean I've gotta mod the INSIDE too!!?? Awww crap. :?

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4284650093

As for a Dash, GM Perf Recall Tach Auto Meter Air/Fuel Auto Meter Boost/Vac Auto Guage Oil/Temp/Batt
NO FUEL or Speedo :lol:

Switches do the Rack lights, Welder,Amps,Air.
Eclipse Head unit, Power Acoustik FLx 800, lt 1920.
2-Alpine Type R 12", 2-1Fared Caps (same deal one under the seat.)
4-PB 4x6 2 ways stock locations.
Winch Control, Cb Cobra 148 nw st and the linear Right in the middle.
Added Cup holders to the box 8)

Seats from a MX 3, Really cool steering wheel cover :wink:
S500 Floormats (thats another story)
Truck came with a rubber floor, Dynamat Added to the top.

Johnny, you are the WIZ man! I have never seen so many changes, mods, or gadgets in a Jeep!!! LOL That is like the Go Go Gadget of all Jeeps man! It has to be!! It looks like rocket science to me, literally. I'd be afraid to sit in it and push a pedal for fear I'd hit the Eject button and lose my passenger! lol

Lady

SYE thoughts

My old Jeep has an ejector seat (literally)

One time while mudding, I stepped on the gas to clear the pit, and my buddy in teh passenger seat went all the way in the back. Mind you, I have no rear seats and all line x in the Jeep.
The bolts holding the seat down snapped. LOL.

mingez said:
I'd be afraid to sit in it and push a pedal for fear I'd hit the Eject button and lose my passenger! lol

Now that would be a good in-jeep mod.

Am Ya ejector seat, UMMMM never thought of that. Just don't pusht eh cigarette lighter in OK for your safty!

hehe

I forgot to mention my Dukes of Hazzard "dixsie" air horns!

White said:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4284650093

As for a Dash, GM Perf Recall Tach Auto Meter Air/Fuel Auto Meter Boost/Vac Auto Guage Oil/Temp/Batt
NO FUEL or Speedo :lol:

Switches do the Rack lights, Welder,Amps,Air.
Eclipse Head unit, Power Acoustik FLx 800, lt 1920.
2-Alpine Type R 12", 2-1Fared Caps (same deal one under the seat.)
4-PB 4x6 2 ways stock locations.
Winch Control, Cb Cobra 148 nw st and the linear Right in the middle.
Added Cup holders to the box 8)

Seats from a MX 3, Really cool steering wheel cover :wink:
S500 Floormats (thats another story)
Truck came with a rubber floor, Dynamat Added to the top.

Tom, that came out sick! Last time I saw your truck you had the bench seat trying to squeeze a couple of 12"ers back there! I like it!

Oh and you need to see his dash in person, It really came out nice!

White, is that a stock (suspension) Chevy, or is it for off-road? Looks like you go well prepared whatever it's for! Nice work.

Ya, Johnny I had enough ! I must of tried 6 diffrent boxes, 10 diffrent subs and 3 amps. Finally just said the hell with the bench seat. Tossed the seat, made so much more room, And the new seats really keep you planted.
I would say Iam happy with it, but I'll never be happy.

88Wrangles: Yep stock suspension, 285/75/16s welded 10 bolt ( Locker Broke)
I did add a swaybar, It helps the ifs stop eating steering linkage. But no lift. Thinking of a Solid axle swap.

Hey if you want, I have a D44 from my 79 K5. I am gonna pull it out in the next couple weeks. Not sure on the gears, cause they were changed so many times and the last time was about 8 years ago.

I will make a deal with ya, drive your ass up here for once, I will put ya up for the weekend, we wheel, and you take the front and with ya on the ride home!

White said:
Need a Driver side diff or swap the T-case. :cry:
A 78-79 F250 Axle would be nice.

??

I thought the IFS chevy's had the pass side drop?

I have the Tcase too, NP206 but was kinda holding on to it.

I can get you the Tcase if you absolutly want one. a d300. just needs some rebuilding!

Naaa thats kool.. Iam going to try and find a stearling axle to match a D60 front.
I wanna keep the 241 t-case..

Are we the only ones that did anything to the inside ?

Back