Football Season

stacker46

Who out there is ready for football this season??? Pro, College, or High School... I'm ready for it all! Usually I'm big on college football, but this year high school ball is taking over. My brother is a senior and they have a good chance to compete in the state playoffs - if everything goes well - so I'm real excited about that. Also, big college games start this weekend!!!!!

SO... who else is excited about the season and who is your team??? Anybody have predictions/news for the coming seasons???

Going to the Opener for UGA this Saturday. I like sports but never on TV. I just can't sit inside and let someone else tell me what to look at.

I hear ya on getting psyched for football season. I got my Buffalo Bills season tickets waiting for me. And I am excited for my Syracuse Orange(men) to kick off this weekend in Purdue. They have an iffy team but boy an I ready for some football. Next weekend we have dubbed the Great American Football Weekend. Syracuse University vs. University at Buffalo on saturday and then the Buffalo Bills vs Jacksonville Jags on Sunday. I will be in tailgating and football heaven. Has anyone seen Monday Night Football in HD yet. It is awsome. I just got my 51" widescreen this in May and MNF in HD is sweet. I will sit and watch preseason games just for that. (the stanley cup in HD kicked a$$ too)

Who is UGA playing saturday? They're supposed to be pretty tough this season. Should be UGA and LSU in the SEC championship. But watch out... Alabama's back and is bowl eligible!!!! Too bad they'll have a hard time making a bowl game. I just can't understand how some are predicting them to win 8 or 10 games... they just don't have the depth.... but, maybe I'm wrong... Hopefully I am!!!

Arkansas is going to win the SEC this year.....in indoor track!

size=12]Hope we don't get killed too bad......[/size]

The RAVENS officially signed NEON DION today. Not sure how I feel about it when they still don't have a Quarterback. I still think the Ravens will get 'er done though!!!

jeepguy46176 said:
Go BROWNS as for the Ravens I hope they choke and die lol

I went to Municipal stadium and watched the Pats get beat by the (now Ravens) Browns years ago. What a DUMP! Modell was about to lose his team - that he built. He all but pleaded to get a stadium deal so he could stay but they drove him out of town. He had to go somewhere.

The Colts, on the other hand, had a deal. Bob Irsay even agreed to it, then left in the middle of the night like the rat that he was. I don't blame Indianapolis for going after the team, I blame Irsay for being a liar and a sneak.

Modell is a great man who deserves to be in the Hall of Fame for all he has done for professional football. If you resent anyone, it should be the elected officials who gave him the squeeze. He wanted to stay in Cleveland and he never implied differently, but when it came to losing his team, he did what he had to do.

He had the decency to leave the Browns' name in Cleveland. Irsay did not.

[quote="wm69 in indoor track![/size]

[/quote]

Glad you added that on the end....Its the only thing AR might have a chance at.......WoooOOO Piiggg Shouwwy

31's w/Wheels for sale

Sorry twisted i am going to have to agree to disagee because i think Art Modell is a piece of sh%!.But everybody is intilted the there own op. I belive if he would have stuck around he would have got his new stadium. Cleveland is a great football town with many loyal fans that none of which wanted to see there team go.

GO NINERS!!! I think they have an outside chance at getting a wildcard spot AT BEST. But, they WILL be better than most people think. Brandon Lloyd is an awesome reciever, and will eventually be close to as good as T.O., but without the cancer of being a selfish idiot.

Barlow WILL run for over 1400 yards (I'm not the only one who thinks that)

Rattay will be...okay. I don't like pocket passers on a west coast based system.

I love my team more than anything.

As for the the Art Modell talk, it was the fault of Cleveland's elected officlals. It was mutual, but as a "non-partial observer" the local gov dropped the ball on that one. The fan's got screwed, and had nothing to do with it (they are great fans). But, didn't put enough pressure on the politicians to get the stadium deal done. Same thing going on in SF...kinda scary.

I guess I should say GO SAINTS (but that is a worthless cause) sooo GEAUX LSU Tigers National Champs!!!!!!!!

jeepguy46176 said:
Sorry twisted i am going to have to agree to disagee because i think Art Modell is a piece of sh%!.But everybody is intilted the there own op. I belive if he would have stuck around he would have got his new stadium. Cleveland is a great football town with many loyal fans that none of which wanted to see there team go.

Of course none of the fans wanted them to go. The NFL has strict guidelines as to the financial status of the teams, and the Browns were in dire straights financially. Modell was facing turning control of the team over to the NFL due to the current financial status, or to relocate the team - which brought the team out of the hole so he could retain control. He had a deadline, so he gave Clevceland a deadline. They let it pass, but Modell could not.

I'm not saying you have to love the guy, or even like him, but do know who is really to blame - the city of Cleveland. Not the citizens/fans, but the Gov't. Maybe they were hoping he would lose the team so they could make a more lucrative deal with the NFL? We'll never know now.

Anyhow, I'm glad that they got a team back so quickly. I'm also glad we're in the same division. Makes for some spirited rivalry :wink:

Gators! My good friends brother is there back up quarterback and the starter for next year's team.

P-A-T-S! Pats! Pats! Pats! bring on those colts, the pats are ready. and i love college football too, go bc! (they're not really a contender, nor will they ever be with academic standards so high, but i've always been a fan.)

Back