Football Season

Western Carolina Catamounts!!!! All the way to the National Championship!! Now that we've taken care of West Virginia State (77-7), it's on to the next victim Nicholls State, and THEN......bring on LSU, Oklahoma, USC, OSU - all comers!!! ('Course, ya gotta play us here - we need the money) :lol:

I always thought modell was full o' sh!t, really he was just a bad businessman. Browns sold out 80% of home games for like 20+ yrs, he was making $$$ just investing it elsewhere poorly. He also swept in the trend in the 90s of just fukn up and leaving if the taxpayers dont build your team of b!tchy millionaires a new stadium...NFL stands for NOT FOR LONG!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA

I prefer college ball, the buckeyes may not beat the wolverines every year, or win the nat'l title very often but they'll never EVER get a better stadium deal and move to Ann ARbor!!!HAHAHAHA

kcash said:
I always thought modell was full o' sh!t, really he was just a bad businessman. Browns sold out 80% of home games for like 20+ yrs, he was making $$$ just investing it elsewhere poorly. He also swept in the trend in the 90s of just fukn up and leaving if the taxpayers dont build your team of b!tchy millionaires a new stadium...

If you look at that trend, which there was a trend, then you'll see that the older stadiums got replaced or the teams moved to somewhere else where they would get the new stadiums. This is because the newer stadiums have big corporate skyboxes, and they draw the money form larger sponsors and advertisements. These teams (like Cleveland) were loosing their tails to other teams because the big money corporations were leaving them. Filling seats doesn't a successful franchise make. It advertising, broadcast rights.

You and I, the lowly ticket wielding fans, are now just small potatoes to the NFL franchises. :(

Back