It's growing, it's growing

bryanjeep

front spring installation

I finally got 2 tires mounted on the rims. Here are the test fit pics. Looks like I clear without having to cut the body just yet.

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Ignore the fact that the passenger side tire is mounted in the wrong direction. Dumb*** fropm the shop thought he did it right eventhough I told him he didn't. I will just make those two tires the driver side tires.

RE: Update (wheel alignment)

OMG!!!!!!! Those are HUGE!!!!!!! Sunshine took one look at it and said, "No! You are NOT doing that to your Jeep!" :lol:

FrankenJeep lives!!!!!

Glad to see they didn't get sold, they look at home on that beast ;)

need a drivers side mirror

Sparky-Watts said:
OMG!!!!!!! Those are HUGE!!!!!!! Sunshine took one look at it and said, "No! You are NOT doing that to your Jeep!" :lol:

FrankenJeep lives!!!!!

Oh NO! Sparkey's getting that look in his eye!!!!!!!!!

RE: lift for XJ

those flares might need some steroids too :wink: not to rain on your parade or anything, cause its obviously coming along very nicely, you got a timeframe you're shooting for to get this running again?

That's lookin mighty fine my man... many would call that "overkill"... but I like the width, I say its lookin great.

what do you have in mind about steering?

2 Day Mounds Run!!!

Looks awesome Bryan!

What is that?.....3" springs and a 3" BL? There is always the TJ flare and shackle lift option, in case you end up needing them :wink:

You're gonna love that thing when it's done.

It's creepy, the back half looks done, but the front is just not there... Half a Jeep?

It is gonna look awesome when it's done if the front looks anything like the back...

Bryan

That is an awesome setup but the jeep does look so small now (the tub I mean). What a monster! Great job keeping up to date on our end, thanks.

Lady

Finally, I get a chance to reply.

Yeah, as you can tell, I am into really wide and big Jeeps. I am still debating whether or not to chop the rear of the tub. You know the kind that makes a straight line back from the top of the wheel well. If I do that, I have to ditch the flares. So, the idea is still up in the air.

As far as the spare, I don't know. I might leave it on there just as a joke.

Twisted,
yeah, I am glad too.

bchcky,
timeframe???? HAHA :lol: I have no idea now. Might take about 5 more years at this rate. No seriuosly, I might be done at the end of summer if I put in a lot of overtime hours.

Snitty,
high steer is what I decided. The guy who is building the DAna 60 is putting the steering on there for cost.

junkpile,
yeah 3 & 3. If I decide to keep the metal there, I will get TJ flares, but I might need to get a tab bit more lift in the back. I am considering buying the BTF rear axle kit that moves the axle back, but I want to be able to keep the springs I have now. Then I would have to buy new main eye holders for the rear, move the fuel tank to the rear seat, and chop the tub. The really good thing about that kit is that you get a better d shaft angle.

Saurian,
man, I seem to have misplaced the rest of the jeep. No just kidding, it is being sandblasted today.

Lady,
when the front of the jeep is put on there, it will look a lot better.

I love keeping you guys posted here. I love the comments and the family I have here. The comments are always a good source of motivation to get out there and get it done!!! Thanks everyone. :wink:

RE: 2 sets of axles 4 sale

bryanjeep said:
I love keeping you guys posted here. I love the comments and the family I have here. The comments are always a good source of motivation to get out there and get it done!!! Thanks everyone. :wink:

It's also good for those of us who don't have the time, money, and skills to do, so that we (I) can live vicariously through you!! :wink:

i wanna see it with the front axle and tires. i want a visual of the whole WB with the fronts on there. why no WB stretch bryan? it woulda looked cool with xj leafs and a comp cut. whens the drivetrain goin in?

RE: front spring installation

Very nice job Brian!!

So what size are those tires? 40's??

Keep us up to date with what is going on...I want to keep seeing pictures!!!!!

Back