Outraged Muslims....OH MY!!!!!

Got this email this morning, and after following the story for the past week or so, I figured I'd post it here, noting that I fully agree:

===============================

We wake up this morning to see video on CNN showing rampaging Muslims around the world. In Europe, the Middle East, the Pacific Rim ... Muslim Mobs spreading mayhem. It seems that these mighty mad Muslims are rioting and firing their ever-present AK-47s into the air because of cartoons. Yup . This latest epidemic of Muslim outrage comes to us because some newspapers in Norway and Denmark published some cartoons depicting Mohammed. In fact, here is one of my favorites!

Muhammedbomb-3.jpg

Admit it, this turban/bomb thing could be the next big fashion hit on the Muslim street!

Muslim outrage huh. OK ... let's do a little historical review. Just some lowlights: Muslims fly commercial airliners into buildings in New York City. No Muslim outrage. Muslim officials block the exit where school girls are trying to escape a burning building because their faces were exposed. No Muslim outrage. Muslims cut off the heads of three teenaged girls on their way to school in Indonesia. A Christian school. No Muslim outrage. Muslims murder teachers trying to teach Muslim children in Iraq. No Muslim outrage. Muslims murder over 80 tourists with car bombs outside cafes and hotels in Egypt. No Muslim outrage. A Muslim attacks a missionary children's school in India. Kills six. No Muslim outrage. Muslims slaughter hundreds of children and teachers in Beslan, Russia. Muslims shoot children in the back. No Muslim outrage. Let's go way back. Muslims kidnap and kill athletes at the Munich Summer Olympics. No Muslim outrage. Muslims fire rocket-propelled grenades into schools full of children in Israel. No Muslim outrage. Muslims murder more than 50 commuters in attacks on London subways and busses. Over 700 are injured. No Muslim outrage. Muslims massacre dozens of innocents at a Passover Seder. No Muslim outrage. Muslims murder innocent vacationers in Bali. No Muslim outrage. Muslim newspapers publish anti-Semitic cartoons. No Muslim outrage Muslims are involved, on one side or the other, in almost every one of the 125+ shooting wars around the world. No Muslim outrage. Muslims beat the charred bodies of Western civilians with their shoes, then hang them from a bridge. No Muslim outrage. Newspapers in Denmark and Norway publish cartoons depicting Mohammed. Muslims are outraged.
Dead children. Dead tourists. Dead teachers. Dead doctors and nurses. Death, destruction and mayhem around the world at the hands of Muslims .. no Muslim outrage ... but publish a cartoon depicting Mohammed with a bomb in his turban and all hell breaks loose.

Come on, is this really about cartoons? They're rampaging and burning flags. They're looking for Europeans to kidnap. They're threatening innkeepers and generally raising holy Muslim hell not because of any outrage over a cartoon. They're outraged because it is part of the Islamic jihadist culture to be outraged. You don't really need a reason. You just need an excuse. Wandering around, destroying property, murdering children, firing guns into the air and feigning outrage over the slightest perceived insult is to a jihadist what tailgating is to a Steeler's fan.

I know and understand that these bloodthirsty murderers do not represent the majority of the world's Muslims. When, though, do they become outraged? When do they take to the streets to express their outrage at the radicals who are making their religion the object of worldwide hatred and ridicule? Islamic writer Salman Rushdie wrote of these silent Muslims in a New York Times article three years ago. "As their ancient, deeply civilized culture of love, art and philosophical reflection is hijacked by paranoiacs, racists, liars, male supremacists, tyrants, fanatics and violence junkies, why are they not screaming?"

Indeed. Why not?

Islam, "religion of peace". HAH. There ARE non-violent Muslims out there. The problem is they don't speak out against the acts of violence that their fellow Muslims are performing, which as far as I'm concerned is condoning the violence. Condoning violence is almost as bad as performing violence. As far as I'm concerned, we start dropping nukes whenever we find any armed resistance. Sooner or later the non-violent Muslims will learn to keep their distance from the violent factions. If the nukes turn some of the non violent into the violent, kill them too. We are fighting for our way of life, and we will never win this war until the left wing of this country unties the hands of our military. What it's gonna take is another 9/11 type attack on our soil. It IS coming, and when it does I think a lot of people in this country are going to go from being a dove to a hawk in a very short period of time. We are at war with these people. We bombed a lot of non-violent Germans and Japanese in WW2 and the non-violent get killed during wars. Sucks but that's the way it's always been in war and that's the way it will always be.
If we keep walking on eggs we will lose. Not a question of if but when.

So, are they rioting because Mohammed would not have supported Jihad and the methods by which the whole "movement" has been carried out?

Or

Are they simply rioting because it depicts a peaceful man as malicious?

Either way, if Mo would not have supported Jihad then one would assume he was an advocate for peace. In that case I am sure that rioting would have pleased him.

So they prove their non-violent nature by rioting. Intelligent lot they must be.

They're rioting because a violent man and a violent cause are soon united.

I saw a picture today of a group carrying a sign that said "freedom of speech is western terrorism" or something similar. That makes so little sense it baffles the mind.

Nuke'em All. I am tired of hearing that Islam is not behind this. We have our factions, but not in the quantity. I remember hearing this from someone a few years ago, that Muhammad was actually a ******* child or something to that sort. Please don't quote me. I think it all boils down to Li'l Dik syndrome. Excuse the french. 40 Virgins, please, they can't even satisfy one chick with a rag over her head.

So wheter we're fighting this war for oil or to remove tyranny from power or whatever would you all pretty much agree that the U.S. needs to be in this war? I think the fact that we are standing up to this terrorist B.S. is good and I'm behind it all the way. This would be my opininion even if I wasn't over here.

On a side note since being here I've heard that there are some muslim women that love to wear the veil covering their entire body/face. It makes it easier for them to cheat on their ***hole husbands when no one can tell who they are downtown. How's that for laughs?

Remember, Islam started ~700 years after Christianity, so they are still developing. Now, ask yourself what Christian people / leaders would have done if you published cartoons of the pope back in the 1300's. They'd have tried you as a heritic and burned you.

Keep in mind that Christians have had their fair share of crusades, and have acted equally stupid.

finally, you are entitled to your opinions, but keep im mind that this is a family site.

Yes, and this is a family friendly nation, too.....perhaps that's why we tend to look down a tad on fanatical religious factions that kill over the slightest whim.

Despite the fact that Islam is 700 years younger than Christianity, the world and the people in it have been around pretty much the same amount of time, and I would expect them to act accordingly. I don't buy the argument that their outrage is justified due to the relative age of their religion. Fact is, why don't you see the outrage of other Muslims at the denegration of their beliefs by the radical faction? It would appear that they are a peaceful religion, unless it is their own that are being slighted, then it all goes out the window, and any violence that they propagate is condoned. Sorry, that's just wrong.

TerryMason said:
Now, ask yourself what Christian people / leaders would have done if you published cartoons of the pope back in the 1300's. They'd have tried you as a heritic and burned you. Keep in mind that Christians have had their fair share of crusades, and have acted equally stupid.

We are not in the 1300's. Neither are Muslims. Their nations have been around a lot longer than the USA has and they have had ample time to develop some sort of civility but they have not. They are savages. They have proved that time and time again by their beheading videos, terrorist bombings, and other acts of cowardice.

As for the motives of the historical Crusades, do you think that Spain was truly trying to follow Christ when they sent their soldiers to kill the Moors, or could they possibly have used it as an excuse to attempt to grow in power? Either way, that was a different day, ruled by ship and sword.

My earlier post was sheer sarcasm for those who did not catch that. They are rioting because they have another excuse, and their religious doctrines support their violence. That is a fact. They are called to destroy what is not of their way of life. Yeah we should be there, if for nothing else to have a foothold in the greater war which is enevitable.

It sickens me that we supported the handing over of Gaza. That, no doubt, will prove to be a mistake. It already has.

So, as Kanazi asked, imagine a cartoon of Jesus, with his pants down, smiling, raping a little boy. The caption above it reads “Got Catholicism?” How would this fly? "They do it too" isn't good logic to me, because we have to be better than that. We are supposed to be playing the "moral highground" card.

People with agenda need no excuse to be pi$$ed off. The cartoon IS just an excuse, and they don't need more reasons to hate us. But for the most part, it's the fundamentalist muslims that we have beef with. They have enough hatred for us as it is, and such things are merely just another log on the fire.

However, what it DOES accomplish, is angering the moderate muslims, and the western sympathizers of the islamic world. Many in the US either don't know, or don't want to believe they exist, but they do.

And if war on a large scale is truely inevitable, then would you all atleast agree that such cartoons don't help the situation? Has anything positive come from it? No? And it only succeeds in pushing away our few islamic allies.

It's like Jerramy Stevens from the Seattle Seahawks and his victory guarantee. Cower tacked that article up on the cork board I'm sure!

Now too, the Jihadists are tacking that cartoon on their proverbial cork board.

Nice job Euros!

Last edited:

mingez said:
So, as Kanazi asked, imagine a cartoon of Jesus, with his pants down, smiling, raping a little boy. The caption above it reads “Got Catholicism?” How would this fly?

A local college student made a sculpture of a Catholic Bishop with a really grotesque face and his pointy hat thing looked like a penis. There was a lot of outrage, many months of debate over the issue of free speech and artistic license, but nobody was killed. There were no riots. Nobody vowed a Catholic Jihad on the protestants in the area. Why? Because for the most part the western world is civil enough to keep from that type of activity. I'm not saying nobody has ever been killed here over religion, but there has never, ever been anything remotely close to what is happening over this cartoon on American soil.

Folks wouldn't like the cartoon you referenced, but there wouldn't be bloodshed and rioting over it. Maybe the only bloodshed would be one of those Catholic baby-raping priests doing the right thing and blowing his brains out, but not a full-scale war over it.

Sparky-Watts said:
A local college student made a sculpture of a Catholic Bishop with a really grotesque face and his pointy hat thing looked like a penis. There was a lot of outrage, many months of debate over the issue of free speech and artistic license, but nobody was killed. There were no riots. Nobody vowed a Catholic Jihad on the protestants in the area. Why? Because for the most part the western world is civil enough to keep from that type of activity. I'm not saying nobody has ever been killed here over religion, but there has never, ever been anything remotely close to what is happening over this cartoon on American soil.

Folks wouldn't like the cartoon you referenced, but there wouldn't be bloodshed and rioting over it. Maybe the only bloodshed would be one of those Catholic baby-raping priests doing the right thing and blowing his brains out, but not a full-scale war over it.

Absolutely, I get it. And I agree.

But my point is mostly, the cartoon was still a stupid thing to do, and isn't helping the situation. (albeit legal and within the spirit of free speech) Who cares if it offends the fundamentalists? Not me. They already hate us at level 10 on a 10-scale. It's our islamic friends and the moderates that I worry about losing ground on. Some "On the fence" Muslims might just be pushed over to the wrong side by a stunt like that.

Do you feel safer now that the cartoon was published? I don't.

Again, not "Wrong" in the legal free speech sense. But one must concede it's definetly bone-headed.

mingez said:
And if war on a large scale is truely inevitable, then would you all atleast agree that such cartoons don't help the situation? Has anything positive come from it? No? And it only succeeds in pushing away our few islamic allies.

I concur. SIlencing free speech is not something I beleive in, and the idiot had a right to do the cartoon, but he is a selfish idiot.

mingez said:
But my point is mostly, the cartoon was still a stupid thing to do, and isn't helping the situation. (albeit legal and within the spirit of free speech) Who cares if it offends the fundamentalists? Not me. They already hate us at level 10 on a 10-scale. It's our islamic friends and the moderates that I worry about losing ground on. Some "On the fence" Muslims might just be pushed over to the wrong side by a stunt like that.

Again, not "Wrong" in the legal free speech sense. But one must concede it's definetly bone-headed.

Damn Mingez, that's twice in one thread I agree. Pat Buchannon got shredded by Hannity and the like for saying just that. He was accused of being an apologist.

I have no apology for those sick baaastids and neither did Pat B., but we are trying to convince the non-Jihadal ?:-| Muslims of the world that a free society is a better way of life and the extemists in power will only use stuff like that to make their case against us.

One step forward, two back.

mingez said:
Do you feel safer now that the cartoon was published? I don't.

No, I don't. But I don't feel any less safe, either. As long as those whackos are out there, nobody is safe. My point is that they will use anything for an excuse to go on a rampage, and if it hadn't been the cartoon, it would have been something else. I don't think the guy is bone-headed for drawing it at all. I think the cartoon speaks volumes about the radical muslims in the world, and makes a very pertinent point.

Do you think all political satirists and cartoonists in America are "bone-headed" because of the political cartoons and caricatures they draw of the president and other politicians? Same difference.

Sparky-Watts said:
No, I don't. But I don't feel any less safe, either.
No? So, if more muslims of the non-radical persuasion change their mind due to such a cartoon, and become more sympathetic to the fundimentalist cause there to be MORE radical muslims that wouldn't make you less safe? To me, more radicals = less safe.

Sparky-Watts said:
I think the cartoon speaks volumes about the radical muslims in the world, and makes a very pertinent point.
Oh, I don't deny that it makes a point. If it didn't make a point, muslims wouldn't be angry over it. BUT you said it yourself, it speaks volumes abouth the RADICAL muslims of the world. But the cartoon satires Mohammed, someone all muslims-- be they moderate or radical-- have a invested emotional tie to.

Sparky-Watts said:
Do you think all political satirists and cartoonists in America are "bone-headed" because of the political cartoons and caricatures they draw of the president and other politicians? Same difference.

Politicians and the president aren't on par with iconographic religious figures such as Mohammed, Jesus, or Buddha. That is not the same difference.

Again, I'm not saying he did anything wrong in the moral or legal sense. I'm saying that, if self preservation or safety is an issue to him, then he's not doing anyone (Himself, his country, or all western nations) any favors. And thus, bone-headed. I'm a firm believer in freedom of the press.

Keep in mind, I have 3 islamic friends. All 3 are VERY peaceful, patriotic Americans. And all 3 were very offended by the cartoon.

One is ex-marine, and the others are students.

I can't tell them they shouldn't take offense to an important religious figure of theirs being portrayed in such a way..
...any more than I can tell a black person not to be offended by someone in "Black face"
image-missing.png

Last edited:

Yeah, maybe the comparison with the president was a little weak, but it still makes the point.

I just can't believe they get so up in arms about a freakin' cartoon! There is nothing---nothing----that you or anyone else could draw about Jesus that would make me run rampant through the streets maiming and killing. Why? Because that is opposite of the message of my religion. Isn't that also opposite of the message of Islam, a supposedly peaceful religion?

I don't feel any less safe with one whacko Muslim in the world than I would with 10 billion whacko Muslims because it only takes one to fly off the handle and start killing over a cartoon.

"Remember, Islam started ~700 years after Christianity, so they are still developing. Now, ask yourself what Christian people / leaders would have done if you published cartoons of the pope back in the 1300's. They'd have tried you as a heritic and burned you.

Keep in mind that Christians have had their fair share of crusades, and have acted equally stupid."

You are mixing christianity and catholicism , not the same. But I agree that catholicism used (dark ages) the same techniques that the muslims are using today, kill. The history is there...

Back