PT job advice

mingez

Okay, inspite of the fact that my program doesn't technically allow us to work, I have to get a Part-time job. Any ideas? (this should be funny)

Jokes are good, but I truely need to find something that is part time (15-20 hrs), flexible, and isn't a restaurant job. (I've sworn off waiting tables ever again)

Think: "good job for a ridiculously busy student."

Thanks!

Night desk clerk/night auditor at a hotel/motel. It probably wouldn't pay much, but it would be extra cash and there's not much to do during the graveyard shift so there will be plenty of time to study.

Seriously, though, I have no clue, because I don't know what the job market is like there. I'd suggest parts runner for a parts store, or courrier for a business, grease monkey at Iffy Lube, stocker/sacker at grocery store. There's so many, I really don't know where to start.

Paper route

Building mainentance

Book or Music store like Hastings

Night desk clerk/night auditor at a hotel/motel. It probably wouldn't pay much, but it would be extra cash and there's not much to do during the graveyard shift so there will be plenty of time to study.

Hmmm...hadn't thought of that one. That's a possiblity..

As for maintenance and iffy lube, I'm not handy enough for that. Good ideas though!

Keep'em coming!

play poker.

valet cars? i did it for three years while i was in school, unfortunately you give up good nights to go out, but the way i looked at it, i was making money, and not spending it at the same time, so it worked doubly. i dunno though, does this fall under your restaurant umbrella? its not waiting tables, but if you have enough busy restaurants where you are, its a good easy way to make some cash. its mindless, park the car, pick up the car, make some cash. i'm in boston though, so there are restaurants galore, and parking is at a minimum, does that work where you are?

i just say that because something in the service industry, you've always got the potential to make more, you're not limited by an hourly rate, tips make or break your night.

also maybe consider real estate? you could get your license, and if you're in a big city, where students rent places all the time, good way to make some cash.

WalMart greeter????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, you had to that was coming.........just surprised I was the first one.:shock:

Let me ask mudwoman and get back to ya'.............she's very insightful

I would do delivery driver for a small sub shop but i dont wanna beat on the jeep to much... maybe a sub maker? or counter help?

Hmmm...hadn't thought of that one. That's a possiblity..

As for maintenance and iffy lube, I'm not handy enough for that. Good ideas though!

Keep'em coming!

I worked at Iffy Lube when I was in college...trust me, you don't need to be handy at all. If you can remember to put the filter on and the drain plug back in, you're already management material.:p I quit after three weeks and around 15 blown motors. (It was nearly a daily occurence for someone to leave a drain plug out, and while the customer was paying, the car sat outside idling to a quick, metal screeching death.)

I worked at Iffy Lube when I was in college...trust me, you don't need to be handy at all. If you can remember to put the filter on and the drain plug back in, you're already management material.:p I quit after three weeks and around 15 blown motors. (It was nearly a daily occurence for someone to leave a drain plug out, and while the customer was paying, the car sat outside idling to a quick, metal screeching death.)

HOLY CRAP!

HOLY CRAP!

Yeah, it was bad. My first day on the job, I noticed the oil slick leading from the bay around to the front parking lot, but figured it must've just been one time that someone forgot to do it....boy, was I wrong! :shock:

I din't want anything to do with that place, but I figure it prolly wouldn't be bad for the likes of Mingez....though it's not because he's not handy that he doesn't want to work there, he doesn't want any grease under his freshly manicured nails.:roll: :purple: :purple: :purple:

Oh, another thought (and this one's serious...it must be serious, it hurt): You're in the land of skiers and tourists, why not a temp job at a ski resort or some other touristy place. Seems everytime I got somewhere like that, it's always staffed by college kids and really hot college chicks!! (That last part will have you down there so fast you'll forget to take the Jeep and have holes in your shoes when ya get there)!!

I can't believe I missed this thread!! Go for health care. Part time/PRN CNA (nursing assistant). You have to take a dinky little one day course or something like that. Ward clerk at a hospital- they have to fool around with all the charts- you can read all that stuff and become familiar with the lingo and such. Physical Therapy tech- you are living in the land of Rehab/Sports medicine clinics and I know the ones near the resorts are open all kinds of goofy hours- I know this because my wild son and grandsons take advantage of their services frequently. There really are a bazillion- possibly a bazillion and a half jobs in health care that require little if any more training than you have right now. Believe it or not, it also looks good on a resume!! Good luck- feel free to PM me if I can help in anyway!!

Oh, another thought (and this one's serious...it must be serious, it hurt): You're in the land of skiers and tourists, why not a temp job at a ski resort or some other touristy place. Seems everytime I got somewhere like that, it's always staffed by college kids and really hot college chicks!! (That last part will have you down there so fast you'll forget to take the Jeep and have holes in your shoes when ya get there)!!

That one wouldn't really do, because the commute would kill my profit. Plus the time it would take to drive. But it would be a great idea if I didn't have time constraints and the mountains were closer.

I din't want anything to do with that place, but I figure it prolly wouldn't be bad for the likes of Mingez....though it's not because he's not handy that he doesn't want to work there, he doesn't want any grease under his freshly manicured nails.:roll: :purple: :purple: :purple:
And? What's your point? :)

I can't believe I missed this thread!! Go for health care. Part time/PRN CNA (nursing assistant). You have to take a dinky little one day course or something like that. Ward clerk at a hospital- they have to fool around with all the charts- you can read all that stuff and become familiar with the lingo and such. Physical Therapy tech- you are living in the land of Rehab/Sports medicine clinics and I know the ones near the resorts are open all kinds of goofy hours- I know this because my wild son and grandsons take advantage of their services frequently. There really are a bazillion- possibly a bazillion and a half jobs in health care that require little if any more training than you have right now. Believe it or not, it also looks good on a resume!! Good luck- feel free to PM me if I can help in anyway!!

I actually am thinking about that, however after the first full semester of clinicals I can challage the boards. Great idea!!!

Back