Lights

Dorivin

Alright, I just bought a cheap kit from wallmart "Baja Lights" Their 55 watts and H3 bulbs. Now I figured it would take no more then an hour at the most to put the lights on. Well I was wrong, I spent two hours yesterday and couldn't get anything to work, now can someone explain to me better then the POS instruction paper. :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:

Where is XJNick when you need him?
All you need is a ground, 12 volts hot from your fuse box, 12 volts constant from your battery and a few wire connectors and a relay.

Did the kit come with a relay?

I've put the same lights on my YJ and had no problem. Then again......my dad used to work with the electrical side of pipelines, so he told me what to do and I did it. Sorry I'm no help but they do work pretty good, atleast for what I need them for.

LR

Well I figuered out how to do it with the help of my not so old grand da. I had all of it wired the write way the only thing wrong with it was the fuse. I had looked at it 2 or 3 times and I didn't say anything but after he looked at it that was what the problem was. Had a few spare blue 15 fuse, same as what fuse works the radio. But they work really well for just being 55 watts, got them aimed slightly below the main lights so the ground is lit up better.

Cool. Now go out and get some 100 watt H3 bulbs and put in them. I did that with my top lights, and they are really, really bright now!

Well tonight I cruised around with them and they are quite bright but not like what I was expecting. I might go to autozone and see if I can find some 100 watt bulbs for the lights. My friend bought a pair of those KC day lighters with a 100 watt bulbs and those things shine for a mile. No exageration!

Well tonight I cruised around with them and they are quite bright but not like what I was expecting. I might go to autozone and see if I can find some 100 watt bulbs for the lights. My friend bought a pair of those KC day lighters with a 100 watt bulbs and those things shine for a mile. No exageration!

Hella sells a great set of inexpensive lights at Advance Auto for under $60
You might consider leaving your lights alone and just adding more lights... yeah more... more .....more......:twisted: :twisted:

I was gonna buy more lights when I got my next pay check anyways lol. Was trying to decide if I wanted to get another pair of bajas and put them on them on the bumper and then buy some hella's or KC's off of ebay and mount them else where.

If you want REALLY bright at a reasonable price, Explorer ProComp has some 6 1/2" HID lights available. My local shop was selling them for $130 (Canadian) for a pair. I've never seen HID's that cheap by any other company. I don't know if that inculdes a ballast though. I'll have to look into it a little more.

Back