French-Irish War...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cewtwo

Jacques Chirac, The French President, is sitting in his office when his telephone rings.

"Hallo, Mr. Chirac!" a heavily accented voice said. "This is Paddy down at the Harp Pub in County Clare, Ireland. I am ringing to inform you that we are officially declaring war on you!"

"Well, Paddy," Chirac replied, "This is indeed important news! How big is your army?"

"Right now," says Paddy, after a moment's calculation, "there is meself, me Cousin Sean, me next door neighbour Seamus, and the entire darts team from the pub. That makes eight!"

Chirac paused. "I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 100,000 men in my army waiting to move on my command."

"Begorra!" says Paddy. "I'll have to ring you back. Sure enough, the next day, Paddy calls again. "Mr. Chirac, the war is still on. We have managed to get us some infantry equipment!"

"And what equipment would that be Paddy?" Chirac asks.

"Well, we have two combines, a bulldozer, and Murphy's farm tractor."

Chirac sighs amused. "I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 6,000 tanks and 5,000 armored personnel carriers. Also, I have increased my army to 150,000 since we last spoke."

"Saints preserve us!" says Paddy. "I'll have to get back to you."

Sure enough, Paddy rings again the next day. "Mr. Chirac, the war is still on! We have managed to get ourselves airborne! We have modified Jackie McLaughlin's ultra-light with a couple of shotguns in the cockpit, and four boys from the Shamrock Bar have joined us as well!"

Chirac was silent for a minute and then cleared his throat. "I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 100 bombers and 200 fighter planes. My military bases are surrounded by laser-guided, surface-to-air missile sites. And since we last spoke, I have increased my army to 200,000!"

"Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!" says Paddy, "I will have to ring you back."

Sure enough, Paddy calls again the next day. "Top o' the mornin', Mr. Chirac! I am sorry to inform you that we have had to call off the war."

"Really? I am sorry to hear that," says Chirac. "Why the sudden change of heart?"

"Well," says Paddy, "we had a long chat over a few pints of Guinness and decided there is no fookin' way we can feed 200,000 French prisoners."

For sale: 1 authentic French militia rifle. Condition: never shot, dropped once. Make offer.

:purple: :purple: :purple: :purple: :purple: :purple:
you've got to love the irish

Sure seems at this point in the thread everyone's enjoying the joke. Hmmmm...

Last edited:
Hmmmm, I'm no fan of the French government. As a matter of fact it disgusts me, but the ethnic slurs here are pretty surprising to see here on Jeepz after what has transpired in the past. It's even more surprising to see who is posting them.

I seem to recall complaints about Hispanic and Asian slurs some time ago.

I fail to see how slurs like "frogs" or stereotypes like the French smelling bad are any different from a jab at blacks, hispanics, asians, jews, or any other group.

Honestly, I could care less, it doesn't offend me personally... but if you're gonna complain about someone else doing it then be consistent by avoiding that kind of thing yourself. It's hypocritical.

I can agree with TC on the comment calling them "frogs". However the deodorant comment is only halfway controversial at best. If a person is making a comment saying that people from France smell bad, then I agree it can be a negative statement. Though, it is well known that it is not customary in France to wear deodorant. The same goes with many countries. Not wearing deodorant doen't necessarily mean one smells bad. I don't wear deodorant, ever. If someone said "For sale: Snitty's Deodorant Stick. Never used. $2.99 obo." I would take no offense, because I'm the one who chooses not to wear deodorant.

Hmmmm, I'm no fan of the French government. As a matter of fact it disgusts me, but the ethnic slurs here are pretty surprising to see here on Jeepz after what has transpired in the past. It's even more surprising to see who is posting them.

I seem to recall complaints about Hispanic and Asian slurs some time ago.

I fail to see how slurs like "frogs" or stereotypes like the French smelling bad are any different from a jab at blacks, hispanics, asians, jews, or any other group.

Honestly, I could care less, it doesn't offend me personally... but if you're gonna complain about someone else doing it then be consistent by avoiding that kind of thing yourself. It's hypocritical.

Next time, instead of making your call-out seem neutral, just come out and say "Mingez, your statement is hypocritical." Whats the sense in veiling your post when it's ridiculously obvious.

Now then, my retort: The difference, my misguided friend, is that I make fun of the French as a country---NOT a race. The French are not a race. France is a country. It's more akin to someone saying that "Americans are fat and lazy."...which isn't an ethnic slur.

Had I said something to the effect of "Whites are smelly" then you might have a point. Had I said "WASPS are idiots" then again, you would possibly have a valid point. But your obvious attempt at trying to expose me as a supposed reverse discriminator because of my "Frog" and "deodorant" jokes is weak.

I poke fun at the French both as a government and as a culture. Nothing more. Similarly, I have no qualms about somebody making fun of the Japanese or Mexicans. Making slurs about Asians and Hispanics in general are however a different issue.

Have you noticed I haven't said anything about your "Deport Pedro" signature? 1-because I think It's funny and true, and 2- because it's about Mexico not "Hispanics." In my opinion there is nothing wrong with that. Similarly, the term "Frogs" isn't poking fun at an entire race of people, but rather a specific country. In fact, it's not necessarily a derogatory term (rather, it has historical significance) and certainly the term is not one on par with such terms as the "N-word" or the term "Wetback". Instead, I argue it's more on par with such slurs as "Yankees", "Limeys", "Hoosiers", "Carpet Baggers".

Now then, If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go build a car and then proceed to steal the hubcaps off of it.

Last edited:
Next time, instead of making your call-out seem neutral, just come out and say "Mingez, your statement is hypocritical." Whats the sense in veiling your post when it's ridiculously obvious.

Now then, my retort: The difference, my misguided friend, is that I make fun of the French as a country---NOT a race. The French are not a race. France is a country. It's more akin to someone saying that "Americans are fat and lazy."...which isn't an ethnic slur.

Had I said something to the effect of "Whites are smelly" then you might have a point. Had I said "WASPS are idiots" then again, you would possibly have a valid point. But your obvious attempt at trying to expose me as a supposed reverse discriminator because of my "Frog" and "deodorant" jokes is weak.

I poke fun at the French both as a government and as a culture. Nothing more. Similarly, I have no qualms about somebody making fun of the Japanese or Mexicans. Making slurs about Asians and Hispanics in general are however a different issue.

Have you noticed I haven't said anything about your "Deport Pedro" signature? 1-because I think It's funny and true, and 2- because it's about Mexico not "Hispanics." In my opinion there is nothing wrong with that. Similarly, the term "Frogs" isn't poking fun at an entire race of people, but rather a specific country. In fact, it's not necessarily a derogatory term (rather, it has historical significance) and certainly the term is not one on par with such terms as the "N-word" or the term "Wetback". Instead, I argue it's more on par with such slurs as "Yankees", "Limeys", "Hoosiers", "Carpet Baggers".

Now then, If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go build a car and then proceed to steal the hubcaps off of it.

Well said, ya lazy Japxican! ;) (Of course you know I'm only joking on the J-word) I couldn't agree more that the use of the word "Frog" is not a racial slur. Nice try, Harry, but next time think through your post and analyze your accusations, lest you look like a dumb yankee. (Again, a jest using the words "dumb" and "yankee", so don't get all righteous with me for making a personal attack).

Okay, so your ethnic slurs are completely justifiable and appropriate! Very elaborately defended :roll:

There is more than one theory as to the term "frog". No matter which one you choose, it is a derogatory reference to French people and considered offensive. It's no less offensive to a Frenchman than "wetback" would be to a Mexican.

But if you're okay with it than it must be okay. I mean afterall... you're the liberal. What do I know :-|

how can one say that mexicans are the only illegals. Im not saying only the spanish(mexico, dr, pr) come here illegally. I know every nationality does it. But i think the DEPORT PEDRO takes a hit at the DR AND PR. I live in North East Mass, Right next to Lawrence Ma. Idk if you've heard of it. But it is probably 80% hispanic, and a once full italian and irish city (fact from grampy) is not run down and poor. My Government teacher(probably mingez distant cousin, although he is white) is a raving liberal. He visited Mexico this summer and brought back some pictures of the border. He showed us one of a sign that said " EASY LIVING = Miami, Fl LA, Ca., Marietta Ga., Lawrence Ma., Boston, Ma, ( a couple others i cant remember) "

Im just saying, dont take "DEPORT PEDRO" as a hit on Mexicans only, cause that makes no sense....

I may be a dumb middle class white 17 year old kid who lives in the suburbs, but i go to school with 60% spanish who take the city bus from lawrence (who was just built a million dollar high school but because of gang related gravity the state has refused to open it to all lawrence students just honor roll kids.... there is no sense of quoting me and battleing i dont like to spend my weekends on here. Hell its 11:42 im just waiting for the water to heat up so i can go get that rust of my tires!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back