New to Virginia

dandoc

The last weekend in August I moved from Pennsylvania to Virginia. The 3+ hour drive to see each other was quickly getting old, so I moved in with my girlfriend. She used to live in PA but got a promotion to work in Washington, DC. I figured that my then-current job wasn't going to have any potential for growth anytime soon, so I left it and moved. It took a little bit, but I did manage to find a job down here that I believe I'll enjoy.

Anyway, on to my Jeep, "Project Salt"... It still resides in PA at my sister's place. In the next few weeks it will be going into a technical college to have body work done to it (patching holes, paint), and hopefully getting that darn front axle leak fixed (I have new seals). Once that's taken care of this fall semester, I plan on bringing it down to VA :D

So, anybody in or around the Fredericksburg, VA area? I'd like to get out onto trails at some point, but don't know of any around here. There are plenty of Jeeps motoring about the area... perhaps I saw someone from Jeepz.com?

By the way, I'm still working on my rebuild write-up for my website. Too many delays have occurred, including moving twice. My goal is to have at least some pages up and ready for viewing in the next week. Keep an eye out for the announcement! ;)

I have run those trails at Taskers Gap and Peters Mill. They would be a good place to teach a kid to ride an ATV but to be blunt for a Jeep trail they sucked.

Near Taskers Gap were some great trails for mudholes and river crossings, but no rocks to speak of if that's your desire. We met a group of Jeepers that called themseves "Team Trailblazer" and did some wheeling with them. They know were all these "unofficial" yet perfectly legal trails are.

NOVA will get to the more serious side and probably be a good place to hook up with groups going to Rausch Creek (back in PA :lol: ) and to Crozet.

Thanks, guys. I looked into the Peters Mill area and it's about 1hr 45min away from here. Might head up there at some point to get my feet wet, so to speak. I remember hearing about NOVA a few months back, and will look into their group more. Smaller rocks are where Project Salt will most likely play, as it's not set up for the more difficult trails with large rocks and intricate obstacles. Anybody else know of places to explore?

Back