Wii rant!

JeepMonkey

Seriously, I'm going to buy an XBox 360. I've been to every store in town and called every store in 3 different cities and no one has this thing. Every one says they don't know when their next shipment is or if they do they only know there will be 3 or 4 systems. Toys-R-Us said our best bet would be to camp out the night before! It's friggen March....I could understand if it was Christmas, but this is NUTS! I guess this is how you know you're too old to be buying toys. :x

I got a Wii for my fiancee for her birthday back in December. I basically stopped by the Gamestop near my apartment everyday for a month on my way home from work. I finally stopped one day and I saw one in the case behind the counter. I waited in line and when I got to the front I asked if they had any Wii's. The guy said they were sold out. I was confused, so I asked "What's that?" and pointed at the Wii in the case. He said "Oh, that's a Wii, but it's used." I asked if it worked, and he was like "Um...yeah". So I said "Um...I'll take it.". Got it for $200 even. The 360 has much better graphics but the controls are really neat for the Wii (and obviously it's a lot cheaper for the system).

I got mine from Amazon on 12-27 last year by using Wiialerts. You sign up and you can get email or text message alerts whenever any of the big retailers have any in stock. Give it a try. Worked for me.

360 here and lovin it. COD4 or R6vegas online if anybody is interested.

I got a Wii through the local walmart. Right place, right time.

Thought about the Xbox 360 - Lots of bad publicity. Overheating and although MS takes care of the problem, they take a long time to do it.

Playstation 3 - You need the 100 GB version to play Playstation 2 games.

Wii - The remotes and the interaction (physically standing up and becoming a part of the game) is totally cool!

Games I like? Wii Sports Bowling #1. Very fun!

Others that I have - Wii Play, Super Mario Galaxy and Call of Duty 3. All of them just wonderful ways to waste a lot of time.

Just so you know? I ran 30 miles last week and 9 1/2 miles yesterday!

Just so you know? I ran 30 miles last week and 9 1/2 miles yesterday!

I havent ran 9 miles total in 5 years. :lol: I used to run 4 or so Monday-Thursday, and run 8-10 miles every Friday. But that was back in the Airborne days.

COD4 is so addictive. Amazing online play and a great campaign mode too. My tag is ghost of VA if you every want to play... or get beat bad.

I shared Wii Bowling with some friends last Saturday. It is amazing how long you can play that at a time. They didn't leave until all of my beer was gone...

And... I am so very hesitant, but am planning a marathon soon (soon is defined as less than two years) so I have to get used to lots of miles at a fair pace. After all, I don't want to start it just to find cobwebs and dust when I finally get to the finish line...

I got a Wii through the local walmart. Right place, right time.

Thought about the Xbox 360 - Lots of bad publicity. Overheating and although MS takes care of the problem, they take a long time to do it.
yesterday!

I also have a 360. I just got mine back from MS - it overheated to the point where the solder that holds the video card/chip onto the main board softened and it came loose, so I had sound but no picture. Word to the wise, regardless of what issue you're having, if you want your 360 repaired for free, call the 18004myxbox number and all you have to do is mention red lights and they won't charge you anything. I was without my xbox for about 2 weeks. It wasnt that bad really.

In my living room, hooked up to my tv I have my xbox 360, my fiancee's wii, my old 8-bit NES, a sega genesis, and a Sears-Roebuck Video Arcade (aka Atari 1600 with fake wood trim) from 1974-5 complete with original Pong paddles in addition to the classic joysticks.

COD4 is so addictive. Amazing online play and a great campaign mode too. My tag is ghost of VA if you every want to play... or get beat bad.

X2...........xbox 360 and cod4 is the s#*%. most addictive game (online) i've played in years.............(rockrawler1) IM a noob.

.................And... I am so very hesitant, but am planning a marathon soon (soon is defined as less than two years) so I have to get used to lots of miles at a fair pace. After all, I don't want to start it just to find cobwebs and dust when I finally get to the finish line...

So, cewtwo, I guess you're waiting for them to come out with a Wii marathon game?!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wii = "virtual" cardio-vascular!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW - just funnin', guys!! I love games, too!

They are going to have a WII fitness game in May 08 I heard....... I think you can pre-order it now.

I have the Wii and the PS3 and I personally think the graphics are better on the PS3 but I bought the Wii to get the kiddos off the couch. Well, the negative of having both systems now is they look for games that they like that are on the Wii and try and find them on the PS3 so they can once again become couch taters. I didn't mean to buy the PS3 last year, but couldn't find a Wii until about three days after I bought the PS3. Surcks! LOL

You know, The Nike+ iPod Nano system has been re-designed to interact with treadmills, elliptical and other exercise machines so the workout can be recorded.

As for the marathon, I am increasing my weekly long run. I ran the winter at 5 miles. then went to 6, then to 8, then to 9.5. Next week should be 10. I have to get it up to at least 22 miles and preferably 26...

I have wondered whether the Wii would have a treadmill interaction program...

Well, last weekend after being denied at every store the wife went on Ebay and started bidding and got one at just a little over retail. It came in the mail the other day while I was gone and she managed to get it hooked up. She played for a few hours one night and is officially hooked. I haven't had a chance to play yet, but I'm hoping tonight or tomorrow night to give it a try.

I want to start training for a marathon too! One of the girls in my unit is over 40 (not sure how much) and she just ran the Las Vegas marathon a few months ago. Now she's training for another. I figure if a woman over 40 can do it I ought to be able to run one at 32! I used to run 10-20k's all the time and even did the Army Ten Miler in Washington D.C., but that was also back in my Airborne days when I was always running somewhere!

Back