bad weekend

Utah_jeepster

Super Moderator
So last Thursday I wake up with a tooth ache...NP right? By noon I call the wife to see if she can call our jerk..I mean Dentist to look at me.
I head in and sure enough the back molar is culprit. So I have to get a root canal to save the tooth...ummm thats a lot of new parts...and its only one tooth......do I really need it?
Hey my Dentist doesn't have an open slot to do a root canal....things are looking up! Hello Quadratec ?!?
So Friday, by direct command of her Royal highness I head off to another dentist that can perform my "Emergency" root canal.

Now I can spend all day telling you the joys of a root canal but I don't think anyone wants to hear my side of the story...so drugged and numbed I head home hoping that the lortab is going to do the trick here. As I park my trusty Jeep in the Ole garage she decides to take a coolant tinkle...dang weep hole!

Saturday in a drug induced haze I get to change a water pump...appearently I did ok because I can drive her to work without over heating.

Now that you have the back ground info, we come to the point of this story,
I sit here trying to get an appointment with "MY" dentist only to find him out of town for two weeks...and me with a temp cap on my tooth, trying to get in to another dentist so they can cap it...no one has time! All they say call your own dentist.
This is ridiculous!

So the question is...is there a dentist in the house?

I got mine done and they didn't even put a temp cap on it. I just gotta get a permanent one done when I get back to town this summer.

I had my first filling about two months ago, and they really stink. The guy kept trying to talk to me the whole time.

I found that beer works wonders on a sore tooth.

The best thing I've found for dentist appointments that require you to sit there while they work on you is an ipod or CD player. I sat for like 5 hours through all the work they had to do on me with that.

My root canal didn't hurt. I really don't understand the whole cap/crown thing. They drill a hole straight down into the tooth, kill the nerves and the pain is gone. So why can't they just fill the hole like a cavity? Instead they grind the rest of the tooth down on all four sides and put on a crown. Doesn't make sense to me.
BTW...my dentists name is Michael Knight. How bad would that suck.

Sorry to here about your misfortune, Utah.
I try to take care of my teeth and go to the dentist reguarly, it's not fun.
Especially when he starts nagging about my use of chewing tobacco :x .
He should just as well tell me to quit Jeepin'! :shades: :p

yep, I feel you brother, I have bad teeth, but you can't tell by looking at me. Dont' worry about the temp, I think I still have a temp in from three years ago. LOL, To sum it up, I have always had unhealthy teeth regardless of how I have taken care of them, which leads me to believe that alot of it is genetics. I know some people who never floss and have never had a prob, and I floss every day and still have probs. Surks, and I hate going to the dentist, they scare me something fierce.

Back