Jeep Pics 006.jpg
    651.6 KB · Views: 203
  • Jeep Pics 010.jpg
    Jeep Pics 010.jpg
    689 KB · Views: 156
  • Jeep Pics 008.jpg
    Jeep Pics 008.jpg
    782.7 KB · Views: 1,235

I like the gun rack. It adds a nice touch. Is it home made?

I Built Just about everthing in this jeep. The gun rack is custom built and is held on the floor with 4 stainless steel 1/2 inch security bolts. the rack can hold 2 scoped rifles and a shotgun in the middle.its lockable with a 1 inch solid steel bolt across.just for safety reasons like going to wallmart.

Depends on what state your in. One of the things i do is Guide hunters.for some odd reason i always get called to track the animal when it gets dark. i dunno why :eek: .. Next, i also work for the Search and Rescue in our area when i get called in. Our terrain here can be very tough and thats usually where i get tossed over. i enjoy doing it so theres no whining here. and no Sam, i dont spotlight at night for deer. They just like to jump in front of my jeep while im going 65mph. i guess it more fun that way. i do hunt cougars at night though. Do you hunt?

Now that's a decked out rig!! the inside looks like an airplane cockpit. Everythign youve done looks great. Very Cool.

Yea, mainly small stuff. No one in my family ever got into deer hunting so I got into small game on my own and birds through an uncle.

Please tell me that you have plans available for that dash and gun rack. :fingers crossed:

Sorry Mr. Bill Rhodes, i don't have plans when i build. it's all in my head. the idea for the dash was a Weather resistant, functional, and the good o'l Classic look on the Guages. I took out the Original Heater Box and gained quite a bit of room behind the Dash. after converting all the guages to Autometer i was able to eliminate some wires.i installed a 12,000btu compact heater unit and built the dash with it along with the duct works. with the extra space i was able to accomodate the CB, AM/F/M CD Player,Search and Rescue Radio Recessed in the glove box on the passenger with a locking door. i installed an 11 channel Bose Amplifier with a matching Subwoofer next to the glove box where nobody can see it. I can Draw it out and give you the Dimensions if you want.

That would be great. Can you also take more detailed pics of the gun rack? I like that set-up as well.

I already don't have a heater under my dash, it's between my seats. Probably the same kind you bought.

On a side note, it's spelled Rhoads, not Rhodes. :)

I apologize for Miss-spelling your name. I didn't mean any Dis-respect. I will take more detailed photos of the gun rack with Dimensions and Specs. as far as the Heater box is concerned, i bought it from 4wdhardware. Part# 640. i didn't buy the plenum because i enclosed the front section of it to the Dash i built and Fabricated the duct works from there. :)--

I apologize for Miss-spelling your name. I didn't mean any Dis-respect. I will take more detailed photos of the gun rack with Dimensions and Specs. as far as the Heater box is concerned, i bought it from 4wdhardware. Part# 640. i didn't buy the plenum because i enclosed the front section of it to the Dash i built and Fabricated the duct works from there. :)--

No worries on the name thing, I get it all the time. I just try to correct it when I can.

Thanks in advance for the extra pics and specs on the gun rack.

damn micky if you did all the custom work yourself im sending my jeep to you to do the dash and gun rack in mine. haha it looks good man your just missing your fishing pole racks.

Back