My Jeep got stolen today...

HiHood has a nice anti theft system.Hard to steal if there is no wheels..lol

Sorry to hear about your Jeep..Hope everything works out for you.

No wheels. no motor, no transmission, no TC, NO SEATS . . . Steal THAT MUTHA FLOCKAS!!!:lol::lol:

No wheels. no motor, no transmission, no TC, NO SEATS . . . Steal THAT MUTHA FLOCKAS!!!:lol::lol:

Bad thing is, I'm sure they would. It would be a major pain in the arse, but ya know how theifs are. Hey, you would be able to follow the drag marks to where they took it. :roll::D

Sorry about your jeep! Hope you get it back in one piece! Keep us updated!

I had our 97 Grand Cherokee stolen out of my girlfriends driveway one night. The one thing that helped us to find the Jeep and the theif was he used my cell phone I had left in the cupholder. We called our wireless provider and got the numbers he had called. Long story short, the police detective used the numbers to locate the house. All in all, that guy had stolen 18 vehicles within the year. He's still in jail. :D

That is so cool that you not only helped catch the guy who stole your vehicle but you helped 18 other people out as well. 8)

Man, that really sux! I live 100 miles from the border so I understand about how things disappear and are never seen again. Man, that sux!!!

Hey everyone, got some news this morning from the local Police Department, they found my Jeep and it's on its way to the tow yard- its been stripped apparantly, but no word on how bad or whats left. Just hoping its able to be fixed and get it built back to how it was... When I get more info and am able to get over to the lot, I'll get some pics. I'm relieved, but still kinda scared to see it at the same time...

Congratulations!! just expect the worse whe you go see it.. I use to have a Baja truck that got stolen 6 times. It was nekid each time it was recovered.

CONGRATS!! It may be total'd still. You have prolly made a MAJOR contribution to the San Diego drug fund.:evil:

DANG, I HATE thieves and druggy mofos!!

That's good news and bad news all together. It just ****ES me off about theives! Seems like ya can't have anything decent anymore without the worry of someone stealing it or damaging it out of spite, or jealously. I hope your Jeep isn't too messed up. Keep us posted.

Just got off the phone with my insurance guy- he got b&w pictures from the scene and said he didn't know if it could be driven because he wasn't sure if there was (get this) a battery in it- here I am more concerned about things more like, oh, an ENGINE and tires, you know? He said it looks to be in good shape and pretty much complete still!!! Un-freakin-believable. Such a relief... Being so near the holidays and the fact it was in Mexico, it will take a while to get released, but they can take as long as need be if you ask me.. Getting my Jeep back! woo hoo!!!!

Awesome! It sounds like someone was on your side....... could have been a lot worse obviously. Once you get your pride and joy back and fixed up you will have to be thinking how to possibly help prevent theft in the future. Of course nothing is 100% Nice! Glad all is working out!

I would invest in an alarm system that has a motion and a fuel pump cut off.I have heard of some people using a battery disconnect.They used a key switch hidden in the Jeep that cut power to the starter.Just some ideas to try and help prevent it from happening again.

I tend to be an untrusting soul. I have wheel locks, hood locks, a locking gas cap cover, and starter cut off as well.

Me and my buddy both installed a kill switch in cab and one of MASTER LOCK® STARTER SENTRY™ WIRELESS ANTI THEFT VEHICLE IMMOBILIZER - CarParts Quality Discount Parts and Accessories on our jeeps. If the keychain thing isn't close enough the relay won't transfer power. They're listed for starters or fuel pumps and since we drive manuals we chose the fuel pump. Kept the stock relay in case the battery on the handheld ever dies we can make a switch and be on our way. They can still pull it up on a trailer or dolly of course but driving it away would be hard, and I doubt they'd check the fuse block. We found ours cheaper but I can't for the life of me remember where.

Me and my buddy both installed a kill switch in cab and one of MASTER LOCK® STARTER SENTRY™ WIRELESS ANTI THEFT VEHICLE IMMOBILIZER - CarParts Quality Discount Parts and Accessories on our jeeps. If the keychain thing isn't close enough the relay won't transfer power. They're listed for starters or fuel pumps and since we drive manuals we chose the fuel pump. Kept the stock relay in case the battery on the handheld ever dies we can make a switch and be on our way. They can still pull it up on a trailer or dolly of course but driving it away would be hard, and I doubt they'd check the fuse block. We found ours cheaper but I can't for the life of me remember where.

Looks like a nice easy to install product.

Good ideas guys, I plan on locking that sucker down. Planning on getting it close to what it used to be, but I'm not doing more like I wanted til I get back to Seattle. Screw this place.. Anyway, I went and looked at it, and my Insurance Adjuster is obviously a borderline idiot, because he told me it looked ok and driveable.. Here are some pics. It breaks the heart...

DSC00499-1.jpg

DSC00500-1.jpg

DSC00501-1.jpg

DSC00502-1.jpg

DSC00503-1.jpg

DSC00504-1.jpg

DSC00505-1.jpg

Well, That's good that you got back 90% of the Jeep. Was the Motor and Transmission ok? The reason I ask is when they found my 97 Cherokee, it was in an abandoned lot in the City with the Transmission blew out of it and tires were slick from obvious power braking it. Friggen Morons!

Where did the cops find it? Looks like they just took the easiest to unbolt.

Once again, I'm glad you got it back though!

WOW, driveable? yeah 'til the CHP confiscates it for being unsafe and robs you again. I love California but it's so screwed up no body can even live there anymore. All the taxpaying base has fled state, just as you speak of. I am sorry, dude, you had an awesome looking TJ and those thieving A'holes burned you bad. And be careful about your claim, you have NO friends at the insurance companies either. :x

Back