What exactly does TJ and YJ stand for???

Sully

I know that CJ means civillian jeep, but what does TJ and YJ mean? :wink: Sully[addsig]

YJ Yuppie or Yeee Haaaa Jeep and TJ is Tough Jeep or Tina Jones. :-D tug[addsig]

Allegedly the YJ means "Yuppie Jeep" (fitting since it came out when all those sorts were going strong) and the TJ means "The New Jeep" (so called because of the fall back to round headlight and such).

Truthfully? I dunno... but that's what I've heard, been told, read and seen in several different places.

Ah Hell, they're all Jeeps that's what counts... Well, maybe not the "PJ's" (poor things really need to get out and play like the want too).

See Ya,

Chris[addsig]

Xj means: extreme jeep.Well thats what I thought it ment anyway. :wink: Sully

edited by: Sully, Feb 03, 2003 - 09:16 PM[addsig]

The TJ,YJ, DJ,XJ,ZJ,etc.etc.etc are the internal degisnations used by whoever happend to own Jeep the year that model was produced(HA HA). This was started when people began to refer to the civilan production model of the jeep after WWII. Hope this helps.

Todd[addsig]

Tug, just 1 more post and you've hit the 700 mark.Amazing how much you people talk. :wink: Sully[addsig]

Its just Body platform classification used by the manufacturer. Im an old mopar man myself, so anyone in the know on old Chrysler will know the old A,B and E body platforms. They were some very bad ass cars I might add. Besides my Jeep I also own a 67 Plymouth Belvedere which is a B body. Only differnce in cars is that like my 67 there were a couple diffferent cars built on the B body platform Like the Charger and the Satellite where on our Jeeps its pretty much 1 vehicle based on each platform. There are several other platform designations out there other than what I mentioned. Chrysler isnt the only one that does this, I know all the big 3 do it not sure about any other manufacturer.[addsig]

yeah... CJ is civilian jeep.. I read that hte other letters for the newer models dont mean anything... Except of course for PJ[addsig]

YJ stands for You cant touch my Jeep. i guess that makes sense?

edited by: extremeYJ, Feb 04, 2003 - 09:38 AM[addsig]

tj = today's jeep
yj = yesterday's jeep[addsig]

haha.. i like that, it does make a lot of sense... although... i love my jeep from yesterday[addsig]

Yesterday when all my troubles seemed so far away, Oh I believe in Yesterday! That is a good one dingus. I still say it is hip to be square! Tug :-D [addsig]

Wow tug,yesterday you had 700 posts.You and dingus are really getting up there in posts.Well anyway the forum has been going very fast lately. :wink: Sully [addsig]

Back