have you guys seen this crap?!?

tjlboise

Well, they finally did it. What a bunch of jerks! Now jeeps officially look like every other stupid vehicle out there. Very disappointed in the company right now. :(

Attachments

• 215314_10150226026076515_7037526514_8543052_6086502_n.jpg
    215314_10150226026076515_7037526514_8543052_6086502_n.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 448

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ho... How could... HOW COULD THEY DO THIHIHIHISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The FOOOOLS they have finally fallen victim to [shudder] CONFORMISM!!!

How would that look raised? NOT COOL DUDE

How could a scratch give that car Character?

How can anyone use a hammer to fix dents on that?

HOW CAN ANYONE EVEN STAND TO DRIVE A DOMESTIC JEEP?

The worst part is: if you look at the official site, or the facebook page, they are getting very positive feedback. Jeep: officially the new yuppie vehicle. So sad. I don't even know what to say.

Well lets go crash the freakin party! THIS STOPS NOW

GO to the site and post freakin hate mail about what they have become. this is the first, and LAST mistake they will ever make!

except for maybe the Patriot, and the Compass, Oh hell they have been doing this for a while but ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! whats the site?

ScubaDude said:
Well lets go crash the freakin party! THIS STOPS NOW

GO to the site and post freakin hate mail about what they have become. this is the first, and LAST mistake they will ever make!

except for maybe the Patriot, and the Compass, Oh hell they have been doing this for a while but ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! whats the site?

Ummmmm... facebook.com/jeep..... really?

Jeep's been making a sweet SR8 Grand for years, I'd own one. You've got a Jeep for the trails and top-down cruising, why not have this one for a night out or road trips?

Yeah, I think they are weakening the product line by going this "crossover" route. Jeep began and should remain dedicated to producing uncompromising, superior off road vehicles. Sure, it's gonna be a niche market but focus on an outstanding product would capture the majority of buyers. Those looking for a nice street ride have plenty of choices available already.

Keep in mind, this isn't "The" new Grand Cherokee - it's the new Grand Cherokee SRT8 version, and it's got some good stats:

The Grand Cherokee SRT8 is equipped with Chrysler’s new 6.4-liter Hemi V8 and delivers an estimated 465 horsepower and 465 pound feet of torque. That’s 45 more horsepower and 45 more pound feet of torque than the 6.1-liter HEMI V-8 it replaces.

We may think of the Wrangler when we think of Jeep, but the truth is that Jeep sells more Grand Cherokees than anything else:

Feb 2011 Jeep sales
- Jeep brand sales (28,619 units)
- Jeep Grand Cherokee sales (8,667 units)
- Jeep Wrangler sales (7,636 units)
- Jeep Liberty sales (5,896 units)
- Jeep Patriot (4,153 units)
- Jeep Compass sales (2,267 units)

So if Jeep can sell a ton of these hopped up GCs, that's going to put money in Jeeps coffers and keep the brand afloat.

From a corporate standpoint, you are correct. Money, money, money. But.... One of my favorite bragging rights about jeep has always been the fact that they have always stood out. Never really had to change anything all that much, because it has always been a thing of beauty to start with. Its just sad to me to see how each year they are becoming more, and more like everything else that's out there. This thing looks just like a dodge durrango or something. I understand the stats, and "what looks good on paper" side of things, but where's the passion? Where's the pride?

I would have to agree with Bounty, I like it! And I would own one...as a second car/jeep for driving on road trips.
As cross-overs go this is one hot looking jeep. Not everyone will take their jeep off-road like we do. It is a R/T (road and track).
If I follow some of your guys logic here, if its not set up to off-road then it shouldn't have JEEP written on it?
Look at it from my end, if your not locked and ready to play on the rocks then you shouldn't call your-selfs jeepers. I call most jeeps PJ's because there not locked both ends, geared 4:1 and have so low of gears that you could idle up Mt Everest.
But I realize that going mudding I would suck and get stuck. So each jeep fits its drivers off-roading needs. And I would go with them to drive the trails and be impressed with their rigs and capabilities knowing they would look at my jeep and call it a PJ.

The R/T Grand Cherokee is Jeeps answer to that cross-over niche crowd that need comfort and the ability to handle tough weather and road conditions. And no it will never be trail rated with that front air dam, those low profile tires would be dumpster food in a matter of minutes. But as a road worthy cross-over, its just gorgeous.

Not everyone will own a car/truck that will take the rigors of Moab and come out unscathed, if they did you wouldn't find room on the trails to drive them.

And Terry your right, if Jeep didnt sell the GC like this one to keep the brand name going to "yuppie" crowd, then we would have lost our beloved jeep a long time ago.

Its on their website too. Not sure where exactly. I just get email updates with a link, but it was so revolting, I almost puked, and the deleted it instantly.

I'll take the first crashed one, that engine would be nice in my CJ5! Aw, let 'em build it. Not everybodys hardcore and most don't "get it" about Jeeps. That's what sets us apart, we're not the in crowd or the cookie cutter type. It looks like what mainstream society will buy.

As long as Chrysler/Fiat/Jeep leaves the Wrangler to carry on the original "Jeep" banner they can make whatever they want.

The problem is that the Jeep engineers are already making the Wrangler so plush and upscale that the uniqueness of the "Universal" Jeep is quickly getting lost.

I think the new Grand Cherokee is okay for what it is...but it still looks like a bunch of other European style vehicles. And that's also not very unique, IMHO.

Larry

larrymo49 said:
As long as Chrysler/Fiat/Jeep leaves the Wrangler to carry on the original "Jeep" banner they can make whatever they want.

The problem is that the Jeep engineers are already making the Wrangler so plush and upscale that the uniqueness of the "Universal" Jeep is quickly getting lost.

I think the new Grand Cherokee is okay for what it is...but it still looks like a bunch of other European style vehicles. And that's also not very unique, IMHO.

Larry

Don't forget that this isn't "the new grand cherokee". Its the srt8 version.
I guess everybody does have the right to their own opinion, and that's one of the things that makes this country great. There's nothing wrong with having different jeeps geared towards different types of consumers. Its just the fact that it looks like everything else out there that really gets to me. It doesn't have to be some ultimate off road vehicle or anything like that. I just think that a jeep needs to stick out from the rest.

Utah_jeepster said:
I would have to agree with Bounty, I like it! And I would own one...as a second car/jeep for driving on road trips.
As cross-overs go this is one hot looking jeep. Not everyone will take their jeep off-road like we do. It is a R/T (road and track).
If I follow some of your guys logic here, if its not set up to off-road then it shouldn't have JEEP written on it?
Look at it from my end, if your not locked and ready to play on the rocks then you shouldn't call your-selfs jeepers. I call most jeeps PJ's because there not locked both ends, geared 4:1 and have so low of gears that you could idle up Mt Everest.
But I realize that going mudding I would suck and get stuck. So each jeep fits its drivers off-roading needs. And I would go with them to drive the trails and be impressed with their rigs and capabilities knowing they would look at my jeep and call it a PJ.

The R/T Grand Cherokee is Jeeps answer to that cross-over niche crowd that need comfort and the ability to handle tough weather and road conditions. And no it will never be trail rated with that front air dam, those low profile tires would be dumpster food in a matter of minutes. But as a road worthy cross-over, its just gorgeous.

Not everyone will own a car/truck that will take the rigors of Moab and come out unscathed, if they did you wouldn't find room on the trails to drive them.

And Terry your right, if Jeep didnt sell the GC like this one to keep the brand name going to "yuppie" crowd, then we would have lost our beloved jeep a long time ago.

Not getting heated or anything, but are you saying that since I don't have enough money for lockers at this moment in time, that I shouldn't call myself a jeeper? Im just asking because if that's how it is, then I don't think id want to be considered one.
Another question...what does PJ stand for?

call me crazy, but i kinda like it. its definitely not an off road machine like they were originally built to be, but i kinda like the SRT-8 Grand Cherokee. Hostly the market is heading towards or has gone to the cross overs. The new Ford Explorer is now a front wheel drive or AWD unibody chassis. There is a lot of competition in that market between Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Acura, Nissan, Honda, and Toyota. I'm not a complete fan of these vehicles, as i would prefer to have a rwd/4wd suv, but auto makers go where the money is.

Back