tire brands?

I have thr general grabber at2's and they are decent. They spin a little from a stop in the rain when I turn, but my driveway is sand/dirt and they like to dig. They are pretty much a cheaper alternative to the bfg at's

Sent from my Exhibit using Jeepz

I agree with Eric m. Good mud tires usually have wide voids in the thread. Not ideal for wet asphalt. Just use a little less skinny pedal when it's raining.

mcgrnr0013 said:
my main concern is fairly deep mud and wet road traction because my old yj doesnt have antilock brakes, maybe that will help narrow out a brand. thanks:)

Another option for you would be to get a second set of wheels and that way you could have a nice running street tire with good on road manners and also an aggressive mud tire for off road use. Because generally speaking deep mud + all terain tires= stuck.

Another option for you would be to get a second set of wheels and that way you could have a nice running street tire with good on road manners and also an aggressive mud tire for off road use. Because generally speaking deep mud + all terain tires= stuck.

i hope one day to get another set of wheels and tires to be able to swap back an forth with but right now money is tight especially with gas prices, im sure thats hurting a lot of ppl on here too.. i'm considering going with the grabber at2's does anyone know how well they do in wet weather

mcgrnr0013 said:
i hope one day to get another set of wheels and tires to be able to swap back an forth with but right now money is tight especially with gas prices, im sure thats hurting a lot of ppl on here too.. i'm considering going with the grabber at2's does anyone know how well they do in wet weather

Trust me I know all about living on a shoestring budget (I'm a single father and between bills and my exwife I almost don't even have a paycheck). But if your thinking about moderate offroad use i'd still try and steer you towards the dura-trac's. They also aren't bad on wet pavement (ie: standing water is a nonissue). Plus they are a light tire for what they are...meaning they won't take as much fuel to turn as some of the heavier tires out there.

alright i've picked two,,,,, what would yall recomend based on previous experiences. BRIDGESTONE DUELER AT REVO2 or GENERAL TIRE GRABBER AT2
as of right now im leaning towards the at2 cause their cheaper, although the at REvo seems to have good wet traction and decent ofroad but less treadlife than at2

What size are you going with? I recommend the generals because i have a couple of them, but if you go with an out of the ordinary size they might be back-ordered.

i'll probably just go with 30x9.5x15 although i can also fit 31x10.5x15's

For the price of a 31" General Grabber A/T'2, I would go with the Goodyear Wrangler Dura-Trec. They have a more aggressive tread pattern, and they have more shoulder grip than the Generals, plus they might be a little cheaper. Discount Tire's website says a 31" Goodyear is $25 cheaper than the General.

Just picked up a set of 08 jk takeoffs with new dueler ATS for $200, i think i got a good deal, oh yea their goin on an 04 wj pics l8ter!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120214_162116.png
    ForumRunner_20120214_162116.png
    460.9 KB · Views: 271
I like

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120214_170239.png
    ForumRunner_20120214_170239.png
    427.7 KB · Views: 487
  • ForumRunner_20120214_170257.png
    ForumRunner_20120214_170257.png
    476.8 KB · Views: 295

Here is my 2 cents from the trucks I run in the oil and gas feilds for reference we run 40 mile a day one way on pavement then shale rock and mud, dirt,or snow depending on weather roads for about the same. falken wild peak a.t.(we have the rockey mountain edition at our local discount tire) worked awesome,have a 50,000 mile warrent and will suprise you for such a mild looking tread pattern,wrangler dura tracs a great choice as well, severe snow rated and studdable if it matters where you live they were great under a light wieght rig but they were wandering really bad under our ford one-tons kind of like steering a boat sidewalls seemed a little thin too. I also like baja atz if you run them under a solid front axle,they feathered really bad under out I.F.S. chevys.hope this helps.

Back