Apparently I'm a stalker

klkb

Was so bummed yesterday. I went to the grocery store, and pulled up next to a beautiful black Sahara since I like to park near other Jeeps. The driver happened to be in it, so I gave a little wave and a smile, and got out to go into the store. I turned around when I got to the door of the store, and Sahara Guy was MOVING HIS JEEP TO THE NEXT ROW! Wow - that must be the difference between a Jeeper and a Jeep owner. :( Now I feel like a stalker.

nah he just doesent understand the jeep thing, the jeep is a pack animal and its a shame that he doesent know

Maybe he's in the witness protection program & was afraid you recognized him.

Yep. A beautiful Jeep. Probably hadn't seen even a dirt road.

Stock jeeps scare me. That's why I often wait to see if many of the newer jeeps wave at me first. Some of these mall rated jeeps don't have a clue. I was educating a new jeep owner in HR about it last year. He was completely in the dark. He noticed that jeeps were waving to him and he was confused about it. Sigh. The culture should be taught at purchase. Mayb a book or DVD.

you would think that the salesman would pass this bit of info on but i bet the salesmen are all driving sports cars.

It should be a section in the user manual.
How to be a Jeep owner
1. The Jeep wave
2. Jeeps like to be close to other Jeeps when possible. In traffic, parking lot or anywhere Jeeps can be found.

ha ha ha, the in traffic part happened this morning. i was on the access road and i noticed in my rear view that some wranglers came off the highway behind me. they were in the other lane though. after a little bit they switched to my lane and we all drove in a line to the stop light and hten all turned right. it looked like a jeepavan

My daughter drives a 98 YJ with 37" Swampers on it. Every time she sees a stock jeep she calls them "gay jeeps" she has been doing that since I got mine 12 years ago. Most of the ones that drive the stock ones, they probably own a Prius as their driver car....lol. They are the ones that don't wave back. I don't think you are a stalker, I am sure that he felt like a kid that wetted his pants next to your Jeep.

superj said:
you would think that the salesman would pass this bit of info on but i bet the salesmen are all driving sports cars.

I agree the guy at the bank that was approving my loan was like if you ever see a jeep you wave it's a jeep thing. Come to find out that he drives a YJ but befor that I had no idea jeeps waved to one another

Of course flipping him the bird as soon as he steped out of his jeep would have been cool , and then follow him around the store for about 5 minutes telling him what it's all about would also be fitting.

I learned about the wave when I got my TJ. Now I wave at everyone model Wrangler I see. I'd say about 3/4 of the time I get a wave back. If I don't, no worries. I do like parking near other jeeps too. I also love how i always find other Wranglers on the interstate and we always hook up with each other. Couple months back, there were three of us, total strangers, trucking across 14 from Ann Arbor back towards the D. I went to the Chrysler Museum in Auburn Hills a couple weeks back, and when I walked in to pay admission, the lady at the desk asked if I was the one who drove up in the Jeep. I said yes ma'am. I also drove around the Chrysler Toledo assembly plant a month or so ago on a weekend trip through Ohio. Pretty awesome stuff. Got off the interstate on Willys drive. Got a few pics I've been meaning to post. All this stuff, the rambling I just went through, the connections, the waves, are why I love my Jeep. Well, that and no top or doors in the summer. There's always going to be people who don't get it, or don't care. If they don't want to, then I'm not going to waste a minute worrying about them when I could be having fun with people who do.

Keep the Faith

Dawgvet06 said:
I learned about the wave when I got my TJ. Now I wave at everyone model Wrangler I see. I'd say about 3/4 of the time I get a wave back. If I don't, no worries. I do like parking near other jeeps too. I also love how i always find other Wranglers on the interstate and we always hook up with each other. Couple months back, there were three of us, total strangers, trucking across 14 from Ann Arbor back towards the D. I went to the Chrysler Museum in Auburn Hills a couple weeks back, and when I walked in to pay admission, the lady at the desk asked if I was the one who drove up in the Jeep. I said yes ma'am. I also drove around the Chrysler Toledo assembly plant a month or so ago on a weekend trip through Ohio. Pretty awesome stuff. Got off the interstate on Willys drive. Got a few pics I've been meaning to post. All this stuff, the rambling I just went through, the connections, the waves, are why I love my Jeep. Well, that and no top or doors in the summer. There's always going to be people who don't get it, or don't care. If they don't want to, then I'm not going to waste a minute worrying about them when I could be having fun with people who do.

Keep the Faith

What you got something against Cherokees or GCs? I wave at any model Jeep that has been lifted or modified. Stock Jeeps of any kind need not apply.

Back