I was *$%^^#$ ripped off.

Utah_jeepster

Super Moderator
I have to say my wife and I are discerning wine connoisseur…winos.
On our recent trip to Sedona we happened to find some time to walk the shopping district. A pleasant mile of the most hideous tourist junk you could possibly imagine. Needless to say we didn’t bite. Nor did we buy at the restaurants along this mile of hideous junk, 21$ for a burger! But yet there was hope in the land tourist traps and pink jeeps, a wine store with a free wine tasting hour. We missed that hour by several hours and had to drop a Lincoln into the jar for several glasses of vino. Needless to say the sommelier knew his product and a pigeon when we walked up. The man dazzled us with knowledge or pure bull, but after a few glasses we didn’t care. After several glasses….or was it bottles? We found a wine that didn’t make George the garbage man frown and bought a lovely vintage…With an initial hint of sweet apricots and a fine bouquet, this wine rests on the pallet with little to no tannic, finishing with a hint of strawberry and all of this for 22$ a bottle! What a find!
We carefully packed this bottle in bubble wrap, saran wrap, two glad garbage bags and twenty two layers of shredded newspaper for an extra dollar or two…or was that the Lincoln we dropped? Like we said we didn’t care…Hey have another taste of this wine! Sure!!!
After a night sobering up in our hotel room we carefully packed this fine vintage home. Once at the house we placed our prized find front and center of our luxury wine humidor…the center shelf of the fridge.
After properly aging this fine vintage of wine, lost behind the three weeks out of date gallon of milk we decided to breach the bottle with dinner. As we were cooking dinner we forgot something important and had to run to the local store. As we made the mad dash down the isle of toilet paper, grabbing a 36 roll of bathroom steno paper we rounded the corner, side stepping an old lady we came face to face with our complete horror…next to Jonny cat kitty litter we found the sales rack of wine that even the local winos won’t touch…and lol and behold our fine bottle of wine was there…8.99$
But at this point…after several glasses of the stuff before, with and after dinner…who cares!
Hey have another taste of this wine! Sure!!!

We actually have a winery here in Paris then there are a couple over the river at Altus but I dont think its very good wine..............

lol good story man, it happens to the best of us eventually, some people are just out there to make money and take advantage of you

Wait, I think you're missing something here. The wine you fell in love with and quenches your discerning pallet is not only $8.99 a bottle....its local and plentiful! Hell that's a double bonus in my book.

Good story anyhow.

Makes a gallon of gas look really cheap in comparison...but then gasoline doesn't taste so good...mooooh-(

That's funny! I'm generally a beer man. I do like Beringer White Zinfandel. I used to make wine years ago. It was hit and miss, been thinkin' about getting back into it.

Back