2002 Jeep Liberty stalling at stop signs and red lights.

Stef

Hello, Looking for some help/guidance with my Jeep liberty. It has been stalling on me when comin to a stop or coasting when turning. Speed odometer has been acting up as well. Never a true speed reading. Check the codes and had my ABS wheel speed sensor, crank shaft sensor and Engine coolant sensor replaced. Car rides a little better, but still havin stalling problem. Mechanic said I would need to go to the dealer and have I believe it was ECU or PCU re-programmed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know much about the libertys but the only close to stalling trouble I had turned out to be my oxygen sensor on my header, you might ask your mechanic about that, sorry I couldn't be more help, good luck

Other than not having a correct speedometer reading and stalling, are there any other symptoms like an intermittent "No bus" on the odometer or does it stall sometimes just putting the gear on drive?

Hello, Looking for some help/guidance with my Jeep liberty. It has been stalling on me when comin to a stop or coasting when turning. Speed odometer has been acting up as well. Never a true speed reading. Check the codes and had my ABS wheel speed sensor, crank shaft sensor and Engine coolant sensor replaced. Car rides a little better, but still havin stalling problem. Mechanic said I would need to go to the dealer and have I believe it was ECU or PCU re-programmed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Jeep is stalling most of the time when coming to a stop either at a light or stop sign. It starts right back up. Now my mechanic has replaced the ABS rear Wheel speed sensor, Engine coolant temp. sensor and Crank sensor. These were the codes from engine light and ABS light. Now it does run better and speedometer now working correctly. I still stall though just not as much. My Mechanic say's I need the dealer to reprogram the computer. Does this sound correct?

I don't know if reprogramming the PCM would fix the stalling issue however, i would have the transmission checked with a factory scantool by a qualified technician for the stalling issue. In some casses, the stalling is caused by a torque converter thats stuck closed or a pressure solenoid thats malfunctioning in the valve body.

Back