Put the Soft top on today...

Joopin

Super Moderator

Today was just too nice out to not take off the hard top. So I took it off for the first time since I got it. After putting on the soft top I realized that I am missing the tailgate access through the window. Does this bother anyone else? The rear window was a pain in the but to zip on, and I don't want to unzip that ever time! Another question... When I put the soft top down do I have to take out all the windows? Just the sides maybe? How long does it take to put down on average? Today was the first time with the top off and it was great, now I just need some half doors!![addsig]

Congrats on getting the soft top on. The rear window issue, I never take mine out when I put the tops down. I just take out the sides and roll up the back. As for the time it takes to get it down, my first time I spent about 30 mins, but I have since trimmed that down to like 6 or 7 mins. It takes a little longer to put up, like 15 or so. Thats all I got for you. And remember, chicks dig a topless jeep.

TARSI[addsig]

I took off my hard top last week end and it will never go back on. I am thinking of selling it.[addsig]

i don't take my top down... i take it off... i can get it off in about 5 minutes.. and back on in about 8... quick enough to get it on before rain destroys everything[addsig]

I'm with Snitty...I just take the whole top off in one chunk...windows and all. It folds up pretty nice with a min. or two of practice. Then just fold the hardware up, tie it down...and you're done. 5 min. tops to take off...and a bit longer to put back on...but a heck of a lot quicker than removing and replacing the windows. ...and what about that bikini top????[addsig]

Thats not a bad idea, taking off the top altogether that is... The windows were the biggest pain to put on actually, I can just just leave the widows in if I take the whole top off? And I do have that bikini top too, it's ready to go waiting in my console! Thanks again Natty.[addsig]

I generally just pull the windows out and roll around safari style...

Today, though, I'm Mr. Bikini-Top... SEXY!!! :-D [addsig]

I just installed the "fold-back-sunroof" type soft top yesterday. It wasn't all that bad to put on...especially since it was in the 80's! It was great driving around with that big of a sunroof open! Unfortunately... rain for the next 3 days is forecasted. :-x :lol: :lol: :lol: [addsig]

My sunroof style just came today. Quadratec got it o me in two days! I was impressed!
How was the install ? Im in Michigan so I have to wait for the weather to warm up. About how long did it take?[addsig]

It took about 5 hours. Sounds like a long time but the time flew by! It was not that hard to install but a few things were tricky. On mine there are sport bar brackets that connect to the windshield which were a bit of a pain. The rear corners were the hardest things to install because you have to stretch the material. Don't forget your #40 Torx bit! :-D All in all, I am happy with it so far... I'm waiting to see how it works in the rain![addsig]

dude, SUPERTOP! ill give it 3 min to come down, and maybe 7 to go back up. i unzip the sides, but i leave the rear as is. it puts little creases in the window, but they come out when i put it back up
Reggie[addsig]

Yeah man I love my old supertop....it is much easier to take off and put on than the factory top. Mine is getting a bit old and faded though...would be nice to have a new one. BTW...I have never folded my top down....always just took it all off....doors too hehe.

To fold it back do you just like unzip the side windows and fold them in and then roll it up to the back? It would be kind of nice to do it that way because the top is big and it would be nice to keep it on the jeep for those sudden rain surprises.[addsig]

Well, I guess I've been making things too hard. I always take all the windows out (including back), unfasten everything, even the back snaps. It sounds like I might as well have been taking the whole top off. However, it really only takes about ten minutes to get everything back on, so it's not been that bad. The hardest part for me is getting the back flaps (the ones above the tailights) to go back in, and if I can leave those in that woulud be great. I'm def. going to try and leave the back window in next time, too, and not unfasten all the snaps. That will really make life easier. I'm so glad I read this post. I had no idea![addsig]

We just got a '02 Wrangler X and absolutely love the Supertop. I prefer to leave the top on and fold it into the tailgate, as we often are far from home when it decides to rain, hail, etc. I have the speed down, but I was wondering how exactly to fold the top so it fits better into the tailgate area?

Also, do you use a Trail Cover? How does it attach?

Thanks
(I'm new to message board, forgive me if I don't use the correct symbols) :-D [addsig]

i like my bikini/windjammer/duster deck. just leave it like that all summer and dont have to worry about taking it up or down. lil wet during heavy rain but, just pop the plugs by the pedals and i'm dry in no time. doesnt hurt to keep a mcdonalds cup to bail yourself out if it gets real bad.

image-missing.png

image-missing.png
[addsig]

Well congrats' on the soft top and the more you practice
the faster you will get at taking it down ...Yes if you want
the windows to stay nice take them out.... :-D [addsig]

Back