Ordered my boatsides!!!

prariepunk

I ordered my boatsides for the TJ!!! I'll have to cut, weld, paint & bolt but I love the look!

Attachments

• davescustomsunltd-albums-boatsides-picture33265-img-3849.jpg
    davescustomsunltd-albums-boatsides-picture33265-img-3849.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,030
  • davescustomsunltd-albums-boatsides-picture33289-img-3850.jpg
    davescustomsunltd-albums-boatsides-picture33289-img-3850.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 972
  • DCSPECIAL-TJ-3.jpg
    DCSPECIAL-TJ-3.jpg
    889.6 KB · Views: 23

Be sure to post pictures when they're installed!!

Will do! I'm usually to excited to be modifying the Jeep to take pics but I'll have my buddy on camera duty. My rocker rot started from the inside :-( it's that vibration dampening foam they used to join body pieces together... I'm gonna cut & bed line at the same time too

The boat sides arrived yesterday & are sitting in my friends garage since my pile of Jeep parts is too big right now. They were shipped bare steel & I want to bed line them... should I prime 1st? If so, what kind of primer should I use? I'm probably going to do 3-4 layers of the Duplicolor Bed Armor™ & Herculine™ the interior of the Jeep.

Most bedliner products are used over factory paint after scuffing....the best bet is to check the product instructions & follow suit. I've had great luck with Herculiner.You may want to check out a professional bedliner ala Rhino...Line-X or the like. For relatively small parts they may be able to shoot them for not much $$.

Most bedliner products are used over factory paint after scuffing....the best bet is to check the product instructions & follow suit. I've had great luck with Herculiner.

Both the Herculiner & the Bed Armor say it can be used on bare metal as long as it's scuffed enough. I like the Bed Armor for outside the tub because it comes in a rattle can for easy touch ups, it's smoother & doesn't fade as fast as the Herculiner

The boat sides arrived yesterday & are sitting in my friends garage since my pile of Jeep parts is too big right now. They were shipped bare steel & I want to bed line them... should I prime 1st? If so, what kind of primer should I use? I'm probably going to do 3-4 layers of the Duplicolor Bed Armor™ & Herculine™ the interior of the Jeep.

I suggest doing a research from Duplicolor Bed Armor on what's the recommended primer and proper prepping procedures. Take pics as you progress through your project and post it. I want to see the transformation.

Sent from my iPad using Jeepz

I suggest doing a research from Duplicolor Bed Armor on what's the recommended primer and proper prepping procedures.

Step 4: Scuff the Surface- Scuff sand glossy, hard or rusted surfaces with 3M Scotch Brite Pad (#07447) or equivalent. This is ideal for hard to reach corners and masked edge lines. For maximum results, scuff sand thoroughly up to masked edge. Truck Bed Coating can be used directly on properly prepared surface (no primer needed, apply directly to bare metal.)

Last edited:

I didn't know if anybody had tried this before & had negative results

Back