Question New here...maybe a stupid question

I have a 2010 Wrangler soft top. can I flip the front section back and have a "sun roof" without damaging the top while driving?
    I purchased it used and the back window zipper is messed up so i can't take it out to take the roof down until I get a new skin, likely next spring.

Thanks

Re: New here...maybe a stupid question

Yes you can. That is exactly what it was designed for and I do it all the time on mine. When the top isn't down that is.

Welcome to Jeepz!

Is it an optional softop? Like 2 different softops were available, the Sunrider and the Standard?

I never used my sunrider, save once or twice. It was only another click or two to take the whole thing down and, well, if it's warm enough for part of it to be open, it's warm enough to go full Monty. Of course, I didn't have this fella's problem.

5. I also have a 2010 JK unlimited. Yes flipping the top back without taking it all the way down is ok. I just hate the way the latches stick up when you have it this way. Just my opinion. But for some fun in the sun..... Go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz

The sun rider is a nice feature but more of a tease. The roof compresses a bit smaller for top storage. As mentioned above its only a click or two away from airing it out completely. And you will be much happier feeling the wind and sun with it down or off completely.
    "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up" - Jesse Jackson

Thanks all for the answers. My biggest issue is that the back window has a zipper issue and can not be completely removed. I have figured out how I can unzip it to the point it doesn't work and fold it and the side piece to get the top down completely but I'm afraid doing this too many times may cause the window to come out or become damaged beyond usability and then I'm really hosed