Quadratec? Really?

Someone on this website suggested I buy some windshield hinges for my 1986 CJ7 from Quadratec, One hinge was supposedly shipped 3 weeks ago, never arrived and per my bank statement, I have paid for it. No tracking number provided. After 3 hours on hold on 2 phone calls, no customer service representative can provide a tracking number or where my parts are. The second customer service representative suggested I buy different hinges. Really, seriously? After a little more internet searching, Quadratec has a 1.39 star rating. Maybe out of 5 stars, but I would rate it 0 out of 10 stars. Give me my parts or give me my money back.

Sorry to hear you had an issue. I’ve bought many things from there without issue. I dont work for them just a customer. Id just claim the shipment not delivered. Work through you CC company to reverse charges if it goes too far.
And Im the one who sent the link to the parts from Quadratic. So much for helping. Huh?

Who did they ship through?

I’ve had issues with 3rd party vendors on Azn, Walmrt, and prtsdirect...
Most of the issues ive had start with them sending to the wrong zip codes.
Smmit, Npa and Jgs all had issues. Parts that website claims fit do not and then paying restocking on s ~$400 flywheel they claimed fit over the phone. I think all of them have issues with their inventory, part compatibility and customer service using the same site you use with mistakes.

Did they ship the parts UPS that gave them to USPS?

That is the other issue. Once inUSPS hands the tracking is lost.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
Someone on this website suggested I buy some windshield hinges for my 1986 CJ7 from Quadratec, One hinge was supposedly shipped 3 weeks ago, never arrived and per my bank statement, I have paid for it. No tracking number provided. After 3 hours on hold on 2 phone calls, no customer service representative can provide a tracking number or where my parts are. The second customer service representative suggested I buy different hinges
QT has been a reliable vender for my JK project build. Never had an issue to share with you but your story is concerning. At this point contacting the CC for reversal of charges is prudent. Generally calling the QT manager with your order# should resolve this issue. Hope everything works out.

I've not had any issues with them.

Since you spent so much time with them on the phone already, the next move would be to file a Credit Card complaint for non fulfillment and put the problem back in their lap. You did pay by CC and not Debit, right?

After filing, I'd reorder from somewhere else, maybe the dealer.

Ever get the correct hinges?

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

I'm having an issue with Quadratec right now. I suspect items that are drop shipped from a 3rd party are the ones with problems. The QT website said that my item usually ships within 3-6 business days...but the status on my account never changed. Turns out the item is coming from a 3rd party and they cannot give me a tracking number...and they said that vender takes 7 to 14 days to ship. So the QT site was misleading. I would not have ordered the item if I knew it could take up to 14 days to ship. Their live chat is useless. Their phone support hold was long, but I did get through. I will be careful not to buy drop-ship items from them in the future...or simply not use them again. Bad first impression.

There are major supply chain shortages all over and high demands which is causing backlogs on orders. My suggestion is to head over to your local 4x4 shop and have them check real time stock and make your purchases according to availability at the current time. Problem with these giant online retailers is they cant keep up with current stock status and just advertise items to be available when they really arent, but they still take your money.

Back