A sign of the times?

jay79cj7

So my favorite part supplier has been jeepdoc.com for years. Their prices are usually the best and their service has been top notch. Every time there is a "where is the best place to buy" post, I give their name. I'm not so sure anymore. Something has happened...

I ordered a few parts from them online about 2 weeks ago. They charged me $5 over what my order was and what my email receipt shows. Thinking it was a simple mistake, I emailed them. They told me they didn't have the part in stock and had to drop ship it from their vendor. That cost them $5 and they passed it on to me. They didn't ask, or even tell me. I just happened to notice the charge was too high. This really irritated me. I don't know how someone can justify charging more to my card than I agreed to. I made a purchase for a price, you can't change the price afterwards. I replied and told them I wanted them to credit $5 back to my card. They said they to just contact them next order and they'd give me $5 off. I don't have any plans to buy more parts any time soon, so I replied thanking them, but I just wanted my $5 back. That was last Friday, and I have not heard back from them.

So I got my shipment Tuesday. One of the parts I ordered was a Kentrol stainless piece. I got a Rugged Ridge piece instead. Kentrol is known as the good brand for stainless parts. RR is the lesser price brand. I emailed them again. Again with no reply. In the end, it doesn't really matter to me, but it is not what I ordered/paid for. Its the principle that they sent me a lesser quality product than I paid for.

Since I had not heard from them in a week, I came home today with the intention of calling my CC and disputing the $5. I checked my account online and they actually did credit me the $5. They are getting my emails, just not replying.

At the end of the day, I got my $5 back after a few emails and I'm satisfied with the parts I got. However, it has left a sour taste in my mouth. I don't like that they felt justified changing the price of my order after I handed over my CC number, and don't think there is anything wrong with sending lesser quality parts. Apparently, they also don't think they need to reply to my emails. Its not like I was rude or anything.

I'm not trying to start a "bash jeepdoc" session here. Like I said, they've been pretty good for me in the past. But, if you order from these guys, remember to check your charge. And if you expect something other than the Omix-Ada family of brands, double check thats what they'll send before you order.

Back