Are digital torque wrenches any good?

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
Just got a Harbor Freight 20% off coupon in the mail, and I'm looking a this torque wrench:

QUINN - 3/8 in. Drive 5-100 ft. lb. Digital Angle Torque Wrench

64915_W3.jpg

Anyone know, generally speaking, if the digital ones are as good as the old click type? I've got a hand-me-down, no name clicker that's been banging around in my tool cabinet for 20 years now. I wouldn't mind upgrading it.

oh yeah, then your battery dies. Then guess what ya do . That tool is great on a production line . Not cool with us rowdy bunch.

Last edited:
I like that it starts beeping when you are close. Going to buy a digital torque adapter for low torque applications. I have a engine that needs 9ftlb of torque or the gasket will leak oil.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

I ended up getting the 1/2 inch version. It runs on two double a batteries so I'm not too worried about not finding replacements. So far I'm pretty happy with it.

I really like that it has several function buttons so I can have nine different torque presets and quickly switch between them.

IMG_20230218_164305563.jpeg

Sent from my moto g stylus using Jeepz.com mobile app

Last edited:
I ended up getting the 1/2 inch version. It runs on two double a batteries so I'm not too worried about not finding replacements. So far I'm pretty happy with it.

I really like that it has several function buttons so I can have nine different torque presets and quickly switch between them.View attachment 25337

Sent from my moto g stylus using Jeepz.com mobile app

Before you know it you will be a master torquer.

Terry and the 9 settings of torque.-the movie

Terry how to torque yourself up - self help

Terry’s workout video - I’ll torque you up.

We’ll see you torquing on U-Tube

You’ll even have short tic-torques

Sorry- couldn’t pass it up. Mole!
Moly, moly. Moly
Holy moly

Last edited:
You think there's any money in me making torquing videos? I could have paid my way through school by torquing if I wasn't so uptight.

Here a torque, there a torque, everywhere a torque torque ole Mc Terry got his wrench
A torquing he may go.

I bet there is. Just consider a site with hundreds of short torques videos. Head torque, torque your lugs, torque your rear,
Keep the wobble baby wobble on the dance floor and torque with your control arm

Last edited:
Hope you didn’t with torqued with all the puns

Back