what's it worth

jeepsnsoccer

i have a friend that is thinking about selling his 1979 cj5 with a 304 V8. It has 50k miles on it. The body is in alright shape I guess... a couple of dents... and a couple of rusted spots on the side and back. The engine doesn't run quite rite and i think there is something wrong with the carburator. But it is very pretty with an orange paint job and looks pretty cool with side exhaust. He is asking 5-5.5k for it and I thought that was a little much... what does everyone think????

Jeremiah

Hmmmmmmm maybe 3000 at the most thats a little high but it also depends on the overall conditions and the mods....:)

1989 Cherokee Laredo 4.0 rear main part.

I thought that 5k was a little high also, but I didn't want to say anything to him about what I thought at the time. I would seriously buy it if he sold it for 3, but i don't know if he would give it up like that... maybe he won't at all I don't know, maybe that is why he is putting the cost so high. There are absolutely no mods done to it... it has "white" wheels that all you can see is rust... but don't get me wrong the jeep looks beautiful. It even comes complete with an 8 track. :) The interior is a little rought also, quite a bit of tearing in the seats and stuff.

5K is way to much then ,,,,,I wouldn't go over 3K and that's a little high for me...:)

It even comes complete with an 8 track.

Man you just ask for that one! heheheheehehe :lol:

Please do not get offened I just love a good WV joke as if you are going to live in one of the most beautiful places on earth folks are going to pick on ya a little bit.......... Tug

Does it come with a banjo and a guuy playing it ??/? HEHEHEHEHEHE :)

i payed 3000 for a 87 cj7 with a 84 chevy 304v8. had its share of cancer and a blown transmission. fixed the transmission and then the blasted thing wouldnt pass emissions because the engine was older then the body! Junked it and got 500$. what a waste! oh well i got a TJ now and she never lets me down!

it was supposedly a 305 but i never cared enough to check. I do know that it was a V8 for sure though!

Well, first of all, the 8 track is working... :) it's kinda funny cuz he has 2 tiny little old school speakers in the back, and he has one 8 track that he listens to. He says he can't put anything else in it cuz it will be stolen. I told him there were a lot of security speaker boxes that he could get, but i don't think that he is convinced. I wouldn't put a killer high dollar system in, but I think I would put in a little bit of something just to make something to listen to. I mean, I guess I could just listen to the guy playing the banjo, but he only plays so many things and that gets old. :) lol Actually tomorrow morning I am leaving this "great" state of WV to go to college in VA. Hopefully the guy will be willing to talk to me over email about the thing.

So would everyone give the advice to work on the deal... or just wait for something else to come around because I am not in THAT much of a hurry. :) Just kind of dying to get a jeep, and want one NOW!!! :)

Jeremiah

Back