Quick Response

MerkL

I need some opinions. I have a chance to buy a hard top and full hard doors, with slider, not roll up, windows for $400. The thing is the hard top has a nasty looking ding behind passenger door about 3 or 4 inches long and 2 inches wide where it looks like they might have dropped it or something. Another thing is that it's white, or almost white, how hard is it to paint hard tops? So, should I live with the ding, and repaint, or forget about it? Thanks guys.

I redid my hardtop myself. Mine had been recently repainted, right over trail scars. Some yokel cut out a notch in the bottom edge to run his CB antenna cable through the top. I sanded the whole top smooth, very east with an orbital. I had some fiberglass repair cloth and the resin in the garage. I layed the cloth down on the inside edge and applied the resin to it allowing room to bondo the outside. I smoothed out said bondo and then herculined the whole top. It has the same texture, just a little rougher and looks great. I put on three coats of the herc. The texture won't turn out good unless you apply a think coat and keep the roller coated all the time. It also helps to go in the same direction. After you apply one coat, don't go back over it until it fully dries. If you do it'll change the texture and look bad. I hope that this info helps....Mikey

Do what Dak said, its very easy to repair a hardtop, and you can either cover it with herculiner or some good textured spray paint. $400 is a steal. GO FOR IT!!!

Cat converter?

Dude, DO IT!, It is also a very good business opportunity. Buy em, and seel the Hardtp for about that much. Heck, the doors are probably worth that much.-al

Whatcha need a hardtop in 'Bama for? I would say it depends on those doors and what kind of shape they're in. $400 is the cheapest I've heard of for a set of doors AND a hardtop! You really can't lose, 'cause you could always get your money back out of them by selling the, seperately on eBay.

I got my hardtop for 500 from a local fireman and my full hard doors from a junk yard for 550 completely rust free and perfect. I'd say that you are getting a good deal, but there's always someone that bought the same thing for cheaper. I'm always the guy that pays to much for something, deals don't come my way to often. Except for the strikers, I got those for free. Good luck with your purchase.....Mikey

Back